Thursday, May 29, 2008

{Marshmallow}


Well the Ashton's finally got a pet....a frog. Cody found it for the boys when he was mowing his brother's lawn but told the boys he brought it all the way from the Grand Canyon for them! He had just returned from a hike with some guys from our old ward where they hiked Havasupai. He had a great time, came back tired and sore but it was a fun trip for him.

The boys could not be more excited about their new frog, quickly naming him Marshmallow. Ethan is the only one who will hold him, while Rhett stands closely by supervising. Kade will bravely give Marshmallow a quick jab and then shriek because he enjoyed it and it scared him also. He stands by our back door calling "og! og!" until we open the door so he can go stare at it. Then he calls "ello! ello!" over and over saying hello to Mr. Frog.


This smile is dangerous...


Cody left Sunday after church and my parents offered to let Rhett and Ethan sleep over at their house. My sisters Ashley and Ally came over to spend the night at my house...not a fair trade but I was happy with it! My mom and dad took Rhett and Ethan on a hike the next morning and they had fun looking for lizards and hitting things with sticks.


Ethan was making a crazy face in every picture, the little turkey. They had lots of fun and ask to go on hikes every day now!


11 comments:

Shannon said...

Fun!!! I'd be like Kade too and just poke a little and then scream! Very cool for the boys to have this! Better than a cat or dog that could mess up ur carpets!! hehe!! A hike sounds like fun! We should all go one morning before it gets 120 out! :o)

Tiffani said...

Too cute that they named the frog "Marshmallow." I love it! Your boys are just so darling Brooke! And don't you just love grandparents. It's great that you were able to have a little girls night.

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

I too love the name your boys chose for that 'ole frog. The faces your boys are making crack me up. They really are too cute:)

Jesmyluk said...

Marshmallow is a great name! Your boys have the best imaginations. I loved the pics in this post! Especially that 'dangerous' smile! Priceless!

Brook & Travis said...

That is a perfect pet!! Would be for me anyways, I don't do pets! Cute that Cody chose that name and that he got it from the Grand Canyon, funny! You're so lucky to have your parents so close by to help with your boys!! I wouldn't know what that's like, but thank goodness for friends.

Becca said...

Ok, you think a guinea pig would be enough....but no! Now that Cody has seen the pictures of the new frog he'd dying to have one....thanks:o)

Jenna said...

How fun for you guys! I love that Cody told him he brought it from the Grand Canyon. I'm sure they're loving having a pet!

Mama Apes... said...

Hey fun to know that we have frogs! This was so cute of your boys and love the pic's of them all! "Marshmallow" pretty cute!

Tanner Fam said...

Congrats on being a pet owner! What we will do for our kids, eh?

Ashlee said...

What a fun little frog! I love the name too! So cute! Havasupi, that hike is tough, I did it once in college! But it is so worth it once you reach the waterfalls and can go swimming! Hope he had fun!

Hutchinson said...

I'll trade our dog for your frog. What would your boys think about that? No, I love our dog but a frog sounds a lot easier! Your boys are so cute! Don't you love how kids get so excited over everything!