Sunday, May 11, 2008

{Mother's Day}

I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day!! We had amazing speakers at church and Rhett and Ethan sang a Mother's Day song in Sacrament meeting which melted my heart! I made Cody leave early so he could save us a bench on the side up close so I could see my boys. Our primary is out of control, millions of kids - so you do what you have to do!!

Later after naps we went over to my parent's house for dinner...it was fun and I am so grateful I live close to my family so we can get together so often. We felt bad not being with Cody's mom Cassie today but spoke with her on the phone and she sounded like she was having a great day also.

I could go on, and on about how wonderful the mothers in my life are, but I will try to keep it somewhat short and tell you a few special things about my mom and my mother-in-law Cassie.



One word that describes my mom perfectly? Unselfish. She is always thinking of ways to serve her family and those around her. She calls me asking me to bring my kids over so I can run to Costco or study for my exams. She knows I have a hard time asking for help so she is always offering to help or do things for me!!

She is an amazing cook. She is my kind of chef also, non-fat, low-fat - oh no. You need the good stuff and everything she makes is so delish. I love dinners at her house. She has served in the YW and Relief Society basically since she's been married! You name the calling in there, she's had it! President, Stake President, Camp Director, etc! She loves the youth and puts so much time and effort into her callings.

She will spend all her money on others, we have to either buy her cute clothes for her b-day or force her to buy things when they are super cheap on sale. She always looks cute and put together with her jewelry and she can put the cutest color combos together. She looks so FAB for being 50, you'd never guess she was!

My mom lost her mom before she was married and just thinking about that brings tears to my eyes. I know how much I depend on and cherish time with my mom and just thinking about not having her in my life is something I can't imagine. Her mother was an amazing woman and we love to hear stories about her.

I love my mom so much and I am trying to be like her.

My mother-in-law Cassie is the cutest thing ever!! She raised 7 children and lost one sweet baby Jodi at just 4 months old. I know some people have hard times with their mother-in-laws but I lucked out in this area!!

Cassie is the most loving, sweet person you will meet! She is a great listener, she always has time to hear what's on your mind. She loves, loves babies!! She has a way with them also, she is experienced in that area for sure!! She has a lot of Grandbabies and they are all so special to her.

Cassie had amazing style in her house decor and cute clothes!! She has an eye for color and she knows how to make a room look good! Even if it does take a LOT of coats of paint! The boys used to tease Cassie about her painting because she does not stop repainting until the color is perfect! Speaking of painting, Cassie is a wonderful artist, I have seen some of her past paintings and they are amazing.

Cassie is very unselfish also. She will work, work, work doing things for others before she even thinks of doing things for herself. She loves her kids more than anything and would do anything for them. She raised her children up with strong testimonies and she taught them how to treat their wives like queens. She is the best mother-in-law and I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

9 comments:

Angie said...

Your mom looks like one of your sisters. What a cute group of girls!

Herbert Family said...

I agree you Mom does look just like she's another sister in the group. I wanna look like that at 50! Your Mom and your sisters, and yourself are all so beutiful and super skinny! Lucky girls:-)

Shelby said...

What a nice tribute to both your mom and mother-in-law. I'd have to say you took after your mom well. You are one of the most unselfish people I know, as well as a wonderful mother and friend!
I love ya!

Hutchinson said...

Brooke you are so thoughtful!!! Thankyou so much for the beautiful card. I love reading about your family. I loved the post on Rhett. How fun to go on a date with your son. I love how he adores you that is sooo sweet. Lucky mom. Oh and mom's are the best what would we do without them.

Tiffani said...

That picture of your sisters and your mom is so cute. What an awesome thing to have! I just have to say that YOU are the greatest mom. I love you girl!

Becca said...

Brooke you are so amazingly sweet! You always have something nice to say about others. I loved reading this post...you are so lucky to have your mom so close. Thanks for being so wonderful!

Kylee said...

Hi Brooke! You and your sisters and mom are so cute! You will have even more fun with them when they all get married and have kids. I love having 6 sisters! We miss you guys!

Tanner Fam said...

Brooke, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your boys are lucky.

wackywilsons said...

The girls in your family are beautiful....and you are the hottest one there for sure:)

How is Cody doing with Edward JOnes??? His training is going well?

I thought your blog on Rhet was super cute too...and all those fun baseball pics:)