Thursday, May 1, 2008

{Recap!}

Well it's been awhile since I've posted! Cody has been gone all this week since Sunday afternoon so things have been crazy while I try to run around and do everything! What can I say, I miss my MAN!! This pic below was taken last Friday when my cute little sis Ally babysat for us so we could go out to dinner and a movie with John & Kaija and Suzy & Kev.



We had a good time, we ate at Pita Paradise....I thought Kevin was joking when he chose it but it was a nice Greek Restaurant that had several courses that seemed healthier than your average eating out meal. I didn't get a pita though, cause I'm a rebel like that.


After dinner we went to Baby Mama - it was funny. Lots of good laughs for sure. Then on Sat Rhett had t-ball and I took my A&P final - I'm glad to have that over with!


Saturday night my sis Melissa flew in from Vegas where she was doing some training for work also. She arranged a 2 day layover in Phoenix, and we were so excited to see her. Sunday we all went over for dinner - my dad made the most amazing lettuce wraps! Cody had to leave before they were ready though, he was off to Tempe to stay in a hotel, he'll be back Friday night. He's doing some training for work. We miss him lots that's for sure!



On Monday all the girls (including my mom but she's taking the pic) headed over to Mesa where Kaija watched Kade and Ethan for a few hours. We hit up our fav store and also ate at Oregano's..it's tradition and it was so much fun.




We wish Ashley could have come but she is still in Hawaii soaking up the sun rays. Well that's the latest in my crib, what's new in yours??

XOXO

Brooke

15 comments:

Becca said...

How fun to spend time with your sisters! Reading that makes me miss my sisters. Aren't sisters one of life's most wonderful things??

Shannon said...

I know the pain of miss your man! It makes you grow closer for sure when you are apart!

Looks like you had a great time with your sisters!!!

Many blessings to be happy for!

shannen said...

That's great that you got to have so much sister time this week. Bummer that Cody's been gone all week - at least he comes home today. I loved the last line of your post by the way - thanks for the giggle!

Shelby said...

What a bunch of hotties! Im jelouse you have so many sisters, It looks like a blast!

Jesmyluk said...

I am so jealous. I have one sister and we couldn't be more different if we tried. So even though I love her we have no real bond with each other. I am sorry you had to do things all alone for the week, that's always really hard. I know when P.D. goes away for business that I miss him like a crazy person. I miss simply getting that end of each day hug, when he comes through the door, that says I am safe and loved. Your so cute Brooke! Oh and thanks for the pic from the dance. My boys loved it! 80)

Brook & Travis said...

I bet your so glad to have Cody back! So, how is school going? What's next for you? I'm jealous that you live so close to your family, how fun!! Mine is coming in two weeks for Jade's wedding and I can't wait!

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

Don't you just love having sisters. You have 5 sisters, right? I do too! I love it. I just wished they would all move back to AZ and be my neighbors. How fun for you to have most of them close:)

Tiffani said...

Brooke, you are just one hot babe. You are soooo photogenic! Every picture I ever see of you looks great. I can relate to having your hubby gone. Derek never traveled for work until the last six months, and the few times he has done it it stinks! I'm sure you welcomed Cody back with open arms. Glad that you made it through!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how great all of you look. You are a picture perfect family. Thanks for your help on my blogging...we are even doing some blogging classes in our ward so I am spending way too much time trying to figure these things out, but I love being able to catch up on friends' lives w/out having to wait and see them at volleyball once a year! Love Ya.

Anonymous said...

You and your sisters are beautiful! I wish my sisters lived closer (I have three).
Brooke- thanks so much for praying for Ella... you are so sweet. The appointment went really well- I'll have to blog about it later.

Hutchinson said...

Sisters are the best! I'm glad your tests are over for you! Hope you have a great day! You are so cute!

Jenna said...

You always have so much fun with your sisters! That's great that you all make sure and take time for each other. It's so hard to be apart from husbands!! I hear you there. It really makes you appreciate each other.

Mama Apes... said...

what fun to do the sister thing! I do wished my sisters lived closer! Having cody gone am sure was hard. Those ashton boys sure do help out alot! I never wnat to be a single parent!!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

sisters rock huh!!!

Shel said...

Brookie....I have been a slacker blogger and blog reader lately! Fun to catch up with you guys!! I always love seeing what's up at the Ashton crib! Always fun times over there!! And I love the fun things you do with your sisters....soo easy to tell how close you all are! Miss you friend!