Thursday, June 5, 2008

{R.I.P. Marshmallow}

R.I.P. Marshmallow the frog, May 29th - June 3rd. Passed away from unknown complications, discovered by Ethan. Ethan thought he had turned into a statue (darn rigamortis). Marshmallow will be greatly missed by his proud pet-owners, Rhett, Ethan, and Kade. In lieu of flowers, please leave comments on my blog.

In happier news....we sold Cody's truck. Now I don't have to drive it down Bell Rd. anymore getting honked at because I can't get it into first and I'm driving like a turtle. We're buying Cody's dad's Altima and Cody is flying up this weekend to get it. This means I have been trapped at home with no car, borrowing friend's cars to take my kiddos' to swim lessons.

Rhett and Ethan are in a class together, and having lots of fun. Their teacher is Adam, he has girl hair and he looks like Tarzan. Yes, they told him those things. He's really nice and he's got both boys swimming already, so I'm impressed. Kade and I are in the mommy and me class and he loves to jump off the side to me. We do it at the beginning and for the rest of class he points saying ump, ump (jump)! He's learned not to do his shriek though, or he gets a quick dunk under water. It's fun to be in the water everyday...the weather has been so fabulous and the water is actually cold at first! Not your typical AZ June weather!

Last weekend our friends Shannon and Phil had us over to swim and Bar-b-q. We had such a fun time!!

Brooke, Kade, Shannon, Pam
Jumping to Dad
Our cute host Hannah
Rhett

Ethan

Cannonball!

Well that's the latest in our crib, hope everyone else is having a fabulous summer!!

XOXO

Brooke

20 comments:

Tiffani said...

Ah, poor little frog. It sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun in swimming lessons. And that pool looks so cool! I wanna come and swim at your friends' house!

Candace said...

Did you sell your van too!

Tanner Fam said...

Let me know when the autospy report is in. My condolences. :) I had no idea you were friends with Pam...I haven't talked to her forever! Let her know I am thinking of her.

Herbert Family said...

Oh no the froggy died already. That's is the problem with frogs and fishs they dont always last long.

Ashlee said...

I'm so sorry about the little frog, I hope your boys weren't too heart broken! I love the summer time because that means lots of swimming for us too!!! I was thinking about doing a mommy and me swim class with Gavin too, it seems he's getting more terrified of the water the older he gets! But, it might have to be a daddy and me class....Elliott would love that with all the mommies! Congrats on the new car!! That's exciting, we saw Gene's new car in ST. George! Tell everyone helllo!

Jesmyluk said...

Oh I am sorry about poor Marshmallow. It looks like the boys are handling it well though. 80) Shannon's pool does look like lots of fun. And I think Kade's scream of "Ump!" sounds so sweet. What a bunch of little cutie pies you have in that house. Its not fun being stranded without a car is it? I can completely empathize with you there.

Mama Apes... said...

So sad that we didn't even get to meet Mr. frog! Maybe we'll find another around our house and pass him along! Good luck with swim lessons...we miss you guys all ready! Cody told us you won't be coming to see us...so sad. If you change your mind we'll be happy to take you for a weekend!

ScennyLloyd said...

I am so sorry for the sudden and tragic loss of marshmallow. He was such a loving and devoted frog.:) Well to help the boys get over the loss of marshmallow I'm sure Shelby would selflessly donate Lowie the gerbil to the cause...we all know how attatched she is to that thing anyway! LOL

Angie said...

To Whom It May Concern: I am deeply sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Marshmallow. What a sad time. May peace be with you and your family during this time of mourning. Sincerely, the Wrights:)

Brooke said...

Haha...thanks for showing your respects, it will help us get through this difficult time. As for the gerbil donations...NO THANKS! The frog was in a bucket outside and it still was too much work for me - I guess we are just not meant to be pet owners!!

Shannon said...

Awww poor Marshmellow!!! That's a sad day I'm sure for your boys!! Maybe you could buy them a fish? haha I know I am like you, not up for having pets! I'd rather pet other peoples and then go home to none!! :o)

It was a lot of fun having you guys!! We will have to do it again soon!! Thanks for coming!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND to US!!! hehehe!!! Can't wait for next weekend to celebrate our bdays together!! It will be fun!!!

Karen said...

I'm so sorry for your froggy loss. How sad for you and the boys! Poor Marshmallow. I loved that Ethan thought he had turned into a statue - classic! Let me know if you need a car before your new one shows up ;o)

shannen said...

whoops! the comment from "karen" was actually me - I didn't realize I was signed in as my mom! oops! just didn't want you wondering who this strange "karen" person was!

R A C H A E L said...

Poor Marshmallow. The pool looks great! What fun summers you have down there. Did you sell your van?

R A C H A E L said...

Happy Birthday BTW!

Becca said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (a day late) I'm sorry to hear about marshmallow. You lucky thing, there's no way our pets would only last that long!! :o)

Becca said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (a day late) I'm sorry to hear about marshmallow. You lucky thing, there's no way our pets would only last that long!! :o)

Jenna said...

Sorry about poor marshmallow! I'm with Becca, we have a fish that just won't die! I love all the pictures, so fun to see!

Hutchinson said...

Oh I am so sorry for you! Poor froggy! Hey Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was great! I wish I could take you to lunch. Let us know how you celebrated! Love you!

Anonymous said...

hello Brooke, this is Nicole Lipps (reiher) whats your blog address so i can add you?