Sunday, January 27, 2008

{Grandparents Visit!}


Instead of posting a million pictures I took this week (and there would have been more, my memory card was full!) I thought I'd put them in a collage, if you click on it, it will blow up bigger.

We had such a fun week. It started last Sunday when we went over to dinner at one of my best friend's from high school's home. Her name is Brooke also (funny! especially when I am calling leaving messages at her house. Hi Brooke, this is Brooke, call me..). and her husband is JD, also a friend from back in the day. They have an amazing home on an acre not too far from us, yet we still only see each other about once a year, how sad is that? Anyways, it was their daughter Brendyl's 2nd birthday so we had dinner and cake over there. Rhett and Ethan loved their dog and fun backyard and JD promised them next time he would take them out in the dark in his golf cart to catch scorpions. He has a big black light and they leave in the desert where he says there are huge ones you can see (and catch, yikes!) at night.

During the week we didn't do much, just the usual stuff! I worked extra hard with my schoolwork so I wouldn't have to do much when Cody's parents, Gene and Cassie were here. They arrived Thursday night from Vegas driving Cody's new (to him) truck! He bought it from his friend Tim, in Utah, it's an older Dodge Dakota with only 60K so it was nice and cheap and we will be selling the civic hopefully tomorrow. I was telling my mom about the truck saying it was every guys dream to have a little truck and Cody interrupted me to let me know his "dream" isn't a little truck...hey hey now! He is excited though and Rhett and Ethan had fun going for rides in it. Rhett especially loves different vehicles and he is always asking what our next cars/trucks will be.

Friday I took Ethan and Kade to the dr for well check-ups. They were long overdue, Ethan hadn't been to the dr for a couple years so poor guy had to have 3 shots. He was tough, didn't even cry. Kade had to get 5 shots, yikes. He did cry, but not for too long so that was good. Here's their stats:

Kade: 25 pds (50%), 33 inches tall (90%)
Ethan: 36 pds (50%), 40 inches tall (50%)

That night my sister Ally and her friend babysat the kids so we could go with Cody's parents and Dustin and April to the temple. Then we went out to eat at Rosa's (yum!) - if you go there get the Mango Chicken Salad, it's delish.

Saturday we went with all the kids to the zoo, and that was lots of fun. The kids especially loved the train ride, feeding the giraffes, and the carasol at the end! Later that night Dustin and April came over and the kids crashed upstairs watching a movie while the grownups watched The Office and comedy by a guy named Brian Reagon.

Sunday we went to Stake Conference, had a yummy pork roast dinner, and said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa even though we didn't want to. We had a fun visit and hope to see them again soon!

XO
Brooke

6 comments:

Brook & Travis said...

I loved the pictures of everyone! That zoo looks so neat! When Travis got his truck (with 150K + miles) he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved it for months!! Oh the things that make men happy. Brooke- you are so pretty! Makes me miss my long hair. Glad you had fun with Cassie and Gene this weekend!

Shel said...

Ok...if Cody didnt sell his Civic yet...I bet Chad will buy it...been looking for months! :)
Cute pics Brooke....it is a FUN life at The Ashton house always! I wanna live there too!

Tiffani said...

Sounds like you guys had a great week. How did you do that cool collage? Share your blog expertise with me girl!

The Bluths said...

I noticed Kade hurt his Chin, how did that happen? Ethan's been on the lookout for a truck the last few weeks. He wants to sell my car and get a truck for himself. He misses having one.

Mama Apes... said...

What a fun update of what we all got in this weekend! We did have a busy one and it seems that things never slow down do they!
I need to know how to make that cool tile that you did..I loved it. I have seen them on a few blogs and need the info. :-)
We had lots of fun with your cute boys today even though it was short we need to do it again! A

Brooke said...

Brook - I would trade for your hair anyday!! Mine is thin and split-endy but it takes forever to grow so I never cut it much. Thanks for being so sweet though!!

Shelly - the civic is sold..sorry! You can come live at my house anytime!!

Tiffani and April, I did my collage or mosaic as they call it here:

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php

Ashley - Kade hurt his chin at the zoo, he climbed on a bench and then fell off it. Poor guy! It looked bad for a few days but now it's almost gone :o).