Saturday, January 19, 2008

{Loose Tooth}

Well this was an exciting week for Rhett teeth-wise!! He has had two loose teeth for quite awhile, we have even tried pulling them out with string but they just weren't ready yet. A few nights ago right before bed one was sooo loose and so Rhett wanted Daddy to try and pull it out.

Cody pulled it out, but didn't show Rhett and told him to go look in the mirror to see how loose it was: (as you can see Ethan is desperatly wishing for a loose tooth of his own).

"Hey! You tricked me!" Rhett said, all excited. He put his tooth in a baggy and then rushed upstairs to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.


When I went to put some money under his bed late that night I saw he wasn't sleeping on his pillow, probably worried the tooth fairy couldn't get to his tooth if he was laying on it. He was up at 2am showing us what the tooth fairy left him and we congratulated him, and then made him go back to bed!! Two nights later he lost his other tooth. He had $2 and I asked him what he wanted to buy. He chose.......


Chocolate Cookie Crisp...or Sugar Cereal as we call it! He usually only gets this on his birthday so he was super excited to go to Fry's and buy it. He makes his Daddy proud with his love of cereal and mint chocolate chip ice cream! I have to tell you, I am a little worried about the freaky smile he is now doing to show off his missing teeth. I took like 20 pictures of him with his cereal and each one was the open mouthed grin.

We didn't really do much this week. Ethan had T-ball this morning and boy does he take it seriously. Everytime he catches the ball or hits it he looks at us to make sure we are watching him and cheering him on. Today my mom and sister Brittany came to watch and he was so excited to show off. This has made Rhett want to play so I signed him up for a little leauge in March. He did soccer last year but just kind of ran around with the kids never trying for the ball so I have held off until he tells me he wants to play something!

So, nothing much new at our casa...until next time...

4 comments:

Shel said...

I love your boys Brookie! They are so cute and just say and do SUCH cute things! I love the smile to show off the missing teeth! It is GREAT! (And that was my personal favorite cereal when I was little...so he is a kid after my own heart!!)

The Bluths said...

That is so funny that his treat is cereal. You're a goofy mom.

Oh and we just stopped by the fire station. It was a fun little trip just the 3 of us.

Tiffani said...

I love that he wanted cereal for his prize. Your stories about your kids make me laugh for days. They are really funny tykes.

Mama Apes... said...

I love the story! This just measn that our kids are getting older and making us age too! I loved the tooth fary as a kid!