Saturday, January 5, 2008

{Crazy Boys}

Today our ward had a Primary Activity, it was a meet the teacher breakfast and the kids all wore their PJ's. Here's a picture of the boys giving me their "natural" smiles. Then they broke into a crazy dance that they saw a skeleton doing in the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which we watched last night:


If you can't tell, this skeleton dance requires you to hunch over, make a crazy happy face, ball up your fists and punch them, and shake your booty back and forth at the same time. They can be so silly.

Ethan is beyond thrilled to be in Primary. For the last 6 months at least he has been asking to go. He would tell me almost every Sunday "I don't want to be in nursery anymore! There's kids in there with diapers and it stinks in there!" How do you argue with that? I can't wait until Kade is in there though, 3 more months. He has this high pitch shriek that he does whenever he wants something, I can't wait until he talks some more and can communicate what he wants without screaming! He says a few words: Mom, Dad, Baba, Bye Bye, No No, and Ball. He is like our little puppy playing fetch, he loves to bring you a ball so you can throw it and he goes and brings it back. Today he came to me with a ball and said "Ball!" It was cute.

Tonight Cody is at a basketball game with my Dad and I am just online getting everything ready for my classes this semester. I just have two, Human Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology. They both have labs so I am sure they will keep me busy at night when the kids are in bed. I can put in my application for nursing school this spring, they changed the requirements so I don't need the class I was going to take this summer. It should take awhile to get in though, there is a long wait, and in the meantime you can take some co-reqs so your load isn't so heavy in nursing school. Well I am just rambling on now, but hope everyone had a Happy New Year....one of my resolutions is to make lists so I stop forgetting to do things. It's working so far, hope I can keep it up!

8 comments:

Candace said...

Your boys are so cute! I enjoyed reading your latest posts...I haven't blogged in a while since we have been gone. A post is coming soon!

Shel said...

I think Kade and Bryce are related...the banshee scream when wanting something is killing me...it just started while we were away in UT....which I have soo much blogging to catch up on! I wish Carter could move up to Primary this year...too sad. He is ready, but has a full year left! All his buddies are off to Primary!

Ashlee said...

Brook,
Your boys are so cute and so funny!! I'm also looking forward for Gavin to go to NURSERY! He is a handful in church! Luckily he'll go in right before the baby comes! Hey just want to say thanks so much again for coming to Gavin's b-day party and for the cute cars! It was good to see all of you guys! -Ashlee

Tiffani said...

oh my goodness brooke. Your Ethan is hilarious. Where does he come up with this stuff? What a little personality. I love the picture of them dancing too. Soooo cute.

Brook & Travis said...

I feel like I haven't been in touch with anyone for a while, but I'm back! I look forward to seeing your boys again someday, they are so cute! Lauryn used to do that high pitched scream all the time too!! I was looking so forward to nursery for her too (last Nov) and now she just sobs and doesn't like it...trials! Good luck with your classes, I think you are amazing for sticking with that and being a mom too!!

Brook & Travis said...

I feel like I haven't been in touch with anyone for a while, but I'm back! I look forward to seeing your boys again someday, they are so cute! Lauryn used to do that high pitched scream all the time too!! I was looking so forward to nursery for her too (last Nov) and now she just sobs and doesn't like it...trials! Good luck with your classes, I think you are amazing for sticking with that and being a mom too!!

Hutchinson said...

Brooke, Hello! My computer is kind of working so I thought I would jump on and say hi and catch up on your beautiful family. I have been kicked off some of my friends blogs so I'm glad I can still get on yours. I am so out of it but plan to get with it asap!
I love all your picts!

R A C H A E L said...

What adorable boys! You always have the best stories. We need to get teh kids together in Feb. when I come to visit!