Monday, October 1, 2007

{Sick Boys...all 4 of them}

Last weekend was lots of fun, mostly! On Friday Cody's parents flew into town from Utah. They were coming for Dustin and April's baby Titan's blessing, and to pick up the cabinents for their new home they are building. That night we went over to Gene's brothers home in Peoria. They fed us a yummy dinner and the kids had fun playing with their cousins and swimming in the pool. The pool had a big slide and diving board, much to Rhett and Ethan's delight. The water was a bit cold, but not cold enough to stop them.

Later in the evening Kade threw up without warning all over their beautiful new wood floor so we quickly cleaned up and made our exit. In the car as we drove away he threw up again, all over himself and his seat. And again at home. Repeat, repeat, you get the picture. Saturday the girls (Cassie, myself, April, and her mom) all went to a cute store called Poppy's that has nice home decor and then we had lunch together. That night all the adults went to Macayos for dinner.

The next day was Sunday and Titan's blessing was so sweet. He looked so cute in his little white outfit. That night is when everything went downhill and everyone got sick. So today I have been being the nurse, and I even made homemade Chicken Noodle soup for my poor family who hadn't eaten much all day. It took over 2 hours!! Good Night! It was good, but not near as good as my mother-in-law Cassie makes. Oh well, they ate it up and now everyone is snug in bed except me. I am hoping for a peaceful night of sleep with no one waking up sick!!!

3 comments:

Hutchinson said...

I bet it was so fun to be with Cody's family. I miss them since they moved. I bet the blessing was wonderful. How is Dustin and April and their little family?

I'm sorry your family is sick. We've had some sort of bug too and it's not fun. Those chicken noodle sound soo good. I have made them before but I can't get them to taste as good as grandmas.

Hope you have a better week.
Love,
Linds

Tiffani said...

Sick kids are the worst! Especially for mom, because you never get any rest. I hope your clan is feeling better. It sounds like you guys were able to have a fun time with the fam though!

Ashlee said...

So sorry about the sickness! That is no fun! I hope he is feeling better! I didn't know Dustin and April had their baby! You'll have to post pictures! I miss Cassie and Gene too, it is sad that we don't get to see them when we go to Lyman anymore! How is everybody, Lesli and Tyler?? Did Tyler and Susan have their baby yet? Hope you had fun with the family! -Ash