Tuesday, September 25, 2007

{Hello Fall}

Has fall started yet? I'm not sure. But I am telling my boys it's fall, our weather is finally getting nice!! I just love this time of year. It goes by so fast, next week will be Kade's first birthday, then Cody's 30th!!! Then Halloween - Rhett will be Spiderman, Ethan will be Buzz Lightyear, and Kade will be a green monster. After that, in November we are heading up to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with Cody's family. We haven't been up there since Christmas, so we are super excited, and so are the boys! They are expecting snow like last time, so we'll see if that happens.

Not much is new in the Ashton household. Kade said a couple new things today, but we'll see if he says them again! A couple weeks ago he said Mom a couple of times. He hasn't said it since. Today he said Ba Ba (his bottle) and Ma Ma. Of course he's mastered Ga Ga and the high-pitched scream takes care of his other needs quite effectively. He has been so much happier since he started crawling a few months ago. He is a sweet baby; I just wish he would snuggle with me once in a while! He always likes to be held facing outward, he can't even stand to lay still and drink his bottle.

Ethan has had some fun play dates with friends, and today we had some friends over here. It's so fun when they actually play with friends, and I can leave them alone and do stuff around the house!! Of course Kade is following them around, knocking down their block towers. Ethan kept saying "Oh man!" which I hadn't heard him say before. He's funny when friends come over, he tries to impress them.

Rhett continues to love school, his teacher told me today that he is always complimenting her, telling her she looks beautiful or that her handwriting is very nice. He is so in love with her!! She is a great teacher, very strict with behavior but that's what they need at that age or they can get out of control fast! Rhett has two loose teeth, which he is very excited about.

Cody keeps busy with work, he leaves early in the morning and gets home late. He has such a good attitude about it, I would complain about it for sure! School is going good; I am almost done with my cell bio and genetics, thank goodness. Math and English are cake compared to that class. I am having fun though; it's exciting to learn new things. Well, that's the latest in our house. Nothing too new, just life!

3 comments:

Hutchinson said...

Brooke you have always been such a great mom. Your boys are so lucky to have you. I can't believe I've never seen Kade. What a doll. They are so busy at that age and so much fun.

Rhett sounds like quite the charmer. How sweet!

Love,
Linds

Teresa said...

Brooke you are so cute! I miss working with you, we had some good times, and now that life has taken us to different places it's fun to see where that has lead us and have fun in this place we call life!

Brook & Travis said...

Brooke I have been meaning to leave a comment on you blog for a couple weeks, sorry I'm slow. I love to look at the pictures of your cute boys!! The story about Rhett's girlfriend is so funny, I would be freaking out too! I guess this is a big year for a few of us, I'm turning the big 30 too! Then Cody Hutchinson a couple months after that. I just don't think about it too much, but Travis knows he better do something really cool this year!! It finally has cooled down in St. George too and I love it!