Sunday, October 14, 2007

{Fun at Jennie's}

We had a fun week, besides Rhett being sick on and off throughout the week. He is finally over it, thank goodness! He's had lots of homework to catch up on, and can't wait to be back in school! On Monday my friend Jennie had us over and she had lots of cute Halloween activities for the kids to do. They made spiders and then two kinds of cupcakes, bat cupcakes and monster cupcakes. They had so much fun making them, and even more fun eating them. Here are all the cute kids showing off their cupcakes:


Here's Me, Becca and Shelby:

And since Jennie wouldn't let me take a picture with her, here she is when we had a girl's night out...also here's Kathy and Candace - WE MISS YOU CANDACE!!


On Tuesday night I went to a cooking class. One of my good friends from high school, Julie, has a husband who is an amazing cook. He showed us some fabulous new recipes and some cool techniques. It was lots of fun, I learned a lot. Also, some exciting news - on Saturday I took my BIO final - so I am done with that. Yeah! Those who don't know, this summer I started working towards a nursing degree doing most classes online. I did a class this summer, I have two others right now (Math and Eng) and then I have three more science classes to take (two this spring, one in the summer). I plan on applying in the summer for nursing school in the fall. It usually takes about a year to get in so during that year I can complete some co-reqs that will make my load easier when I'm in nursing school. The program I am trying to get into is all online, but there are clinicals every other Saturday at the hospital. It's a fast program, done in 16 months. I'm really excited about it, but overwhelmed sometimes. Cody's been so great, he wants me to do it so he's been helping with the kids lots when he's home. I was so impressed - on Saturday when I was taking my final he got all the kids dressed and out the door by 7am so he could take the van to the dealer to have the brakes checked. Then he took all 3 to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then took them to Kohls, Target, and Best Buy! Not easy with 3 crazy boys! They love their daddy and had so much fun being out and about with him all day. What a great guy.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

What a fun little Halloween party! I am seriously so impressed with you going to school. That program sounds awesome...really hard but do-able for a mom with a crazy life. And GO CODY! I'm going to share his Saturday with Derek. Pretty awesome dad!