Tuesday, October 16, 2007

{Blessed}

Today I was trying to vacuum, and Kade was following me everywhere I went, placing himself right in the spot I was trying to vacuum next. I kept moving him, but then he would go right back to the next spot I was working on. I took him in the family room, gave him some toys, and as I turned to go back to the formal room he just started crying with these big alligator tears. I went and picked him up, and we just snuggled on the couch for..um about 30 seconds which is a record for him (he never snuggles). Then he wanted to get down and play.

I just sat there, thinking about the stages that my kids are in right now. Kids are hard at all ages, but I think that they are the most demanding the younger they are. It seems like too much sometimes, like when you are trying to cook and they are pulling you in every direction. But if you look at it from a different perspective, you can see it as the only time when someone loves you so much they cry when you go in a different room. Or they smile that sweet smile everytime you just look at them, and raise up their hands for you to pick them up whenever you come close. Right now my boys think their mommy and daddy hung the moon, I don't know what I'll do when they start knowing otherwise!!

Sometimes when Rhett wants me to snuggle with him, I get teary eyed because I start to think of when he's older and I can't hold him on my lap anymore (yes, he still let's me do that now! I know he's big, but I'll take it as long as I can!). Oh man, if only I could keep this perspective all day long, I would have a better attitude and be a better mommy. But I'll just do the best I can, and treasure the little moments as they come, even if it means my house doesn't get as clean as I would like it to.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Thank you so much for that perspective Brooke. Payton just threw a huge tantrum and I was feeling really mad and frustrated at him. It's so true that these times we have with them when they're young will go by way to fast. You're such a good mommy! Thanks for being such a good example too.

Brook & Travis said...

What a cute thought! I got a little teary! They are only little once and it makes me sad how fast they grow up. I feel very blessed to be a mother too despite all the MANY challenges!

CAid said...

https://www.100xcoin.io