Sunday, November 30, 2008

{Thankful}

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving....we spent the day with my Flake relatives at Suzi and Kevin's home. Their home is on 2 acres....all kid friendly with lots of grassy hills, trampoline, and a built in playground like you'd find at a park. The pool and slide is fun too, but it was too cold for that! They always host huge family events...they know how to throw a good party!!

The food was so yummy, and it was so fun to visit with lots of family members. I feel so lucky to have grown up with so many amazing aunts and uncles who are such great examples to me. They are all so generous, loving, and truly care about my family....

There is so much I am thankful for. The biggest thing that has been on my mind is the Plan of Salvation. Almost two weeks ago I got the call that my sister-in-law had lost her sweet baby girl at 28 weeks. Cody was gone for the week and I just broke down. I felt so bad for their family....wished I could be there to help. I felt so hopeless living in a different state, where all I could do was call or send an e-mail. I have learned to hug my little ones a little tighter and appreciate this miracle and gift of life we have been given. That being said I wanted to list some things that I am thankful for about my boys (all four of them!)


Kade, I love how you wake up calling for me in your deep morning voice! You are still half-asleep and your first thought is where's momma! I love how you have to give me a kiss and a hug every time we part, and how you tell me you love me even when you are just going to play in the backyard. I love how polite you are, you say thank you so many times each day! I love how you cry when your brothers go to school, you love them so much! I love to watch you imitate everything they do. I love to hear you talk on the phone, you sound so grown-up! I could go on and on...

Ethan I love your daring personality. You will try anything, and nothing will stop you! I love how you could go across the monkey bars when you were only 3. I love how you listen so good to your church and FHE lessons, you amaze me with the information you retain! I love how Daddy is your hero! I love how social you are, you are always wanting to have friends over to play! I love to see how sweet you are with Kade, I can always count on you to keep him entertained! I love your sweet tooth (you got it from me!), you sneak candy just like I did when I was little!

Rhett, I love how you and I are best buds. You are so smart, and try so hard at school. I love how you have stayed on green everyday all of last year and this year too. I love how you idolize your school and church teachers! I love the pictures you color for me and sweet little notes you give me. I love the flowers you pick for me from the backyard. I love your laugh and toothless smile! I love to watch you play video games, you can't sit still! I love to see you read to your little brothers. I love your memory...you never forget!!

Cody is going to die when he sees this picture....hee hee....it was taken as a joke. Cody I love how hard you work. You put in so many hours and then come home ready to help me. I love how you can't ever sleep in...and let me do it on your days off. I love how you do such a great job at your new calling and don't complain even though you are gone all day Sunday. I love how you are not picky about dinners, you appreciate every meal I make. I love how you love cereal so much....great for nights when dinner just did not happen! I love the huge bowl of ice cream you eat each night! I love how athletic you are, and I enjoy watching you play b-ball. I love the dad you are to our boys...I'm glad you toughen them up because I sure don't!!
So this turned into quite the cheesy post. Sorry about that!! I could go on and on about all the people I am thankful for, but it's getting late and I better get to bed. I hope everyone is doing well!!
XOXO
Brooke




15 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

Great post. Your family is incredibly blessed to have YOU.

Ashlee said...

Brooke, I loved your "cheese post". I was so sad to hear about Monica, it's so sad. I feel so bad. I hope they are doing ok. I got to see your Rhett, Ethan and Cody today. It was so fun! I missed seeing you and Kade. I think Kade and Gavin could be buds!! So sorry to hear about you pink eye too, I hope you guys get better. We'll stop by next time we are in town!! Maybe we'll see all of you over Christmas, Cody and Dustin said something about maybe coming to Lyman! That'd be fun!

Tiffani said...

That wasn't cheezy at all! I love it! Your boys are so cute. It was fun reading all those little facts about them. That's awful about your sister-in-law. We really are so blessed to have the gospel and the knowledge that we can be together forever. I am thankful for YOU!

Brianne said...

I loved this post. I didn't think it was cheesy, I thought it was precious. They will appreciate to look back at this when they are older and then their kids will love it even more :) I am so sorry to here about the loss of the baby. I will keep her and her family in my prayers!

ScennyLloyd said...

When I read you were thankful for your boys, all four of them, I thought you were anouncing somthing... I then realized even if you were anouncing something you wouldn't know it was a boy...I'm such a retard :O) I will blame it on being blonde and pregnant!

p.s. LOVE Cody's picture, lol, He looks really cool

Sam and Melissa said...

And I am thankful for YOU Brooke! You are such a great sister, mom, and everything else. How about posting a picture of your pink eye!

Shannon said...

You have a lot to be thankful for! They do as well!!! Love the new pics!!!!

The Bluths said...

Ha, I thought the same thing Jenny did and I can't blame it on pregnancy :) One of these days Cody is going to have to write a post like this for you because you are incredible!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hi girl! You are awesome. Happy Holidays!

Brittany said...

aw! such a cute post! you are such a good mom and sister Brooke!

Shel said...

Brookie...this is a darling, special post. The pics of all your boys are sooo handsome! They are very lucky to have you. You are such a perfect wife and mom...we can all take lessons. When can I start??

wittygal said...

I love how you posted your Thanksgiving. Not only the fun you had but the 4 boys you are most thankful for. Great post Brooke!

Becca said...

That was so sweet! You have a beautiful family.

Karla said...

What a cute family. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mama Apes... said...

Oh what a cute post you are such a thoughful person Brooke!! As for Cody's picture WOW he sure is a HOTTIE their!!!