Thursday, December 4, 2008

{The Polar Express}



A few months ago my Uncle Jon (only a few years older than me) called to see if we'd want to go on the Polar Express with their family. We have never been, but thought it would be a fun way to kick off December! We had so much fun!


I picked up Rhett a little early from school. His teacher told me he told his class "Bye! I'm going to the North Pole!" Our kids still believe in Santa and were so excited that they were going on a train to meet him. We met Jon's family in Flagstaff for dinner at Cracker Barrel. Then we went 30 more miles over to Williams, to board the Polar Express.



We were all bundled up....brrr it was cold outside!



Ethan and Hayden had too much fun together!! They enjoyed the hot cocoa and cookies served on the train.


My three cute boys in their PJ's....so excited to see Santa!


Kade wanted Rhett or Ethan to hold him - not Mom or Dad :O)

Here's Dawniel and Brynn. She is a couple of months older than Kade. Is she not the cutest thing ever??

We are almost to the North Pole...they are anxiously looking out the window!


Santa came and brought bells for all the children. Very LOUD and annoying bells!



At the end of our journey.......the end!
*PS please ignore my scary red eyes. This last week I have been getting over an eye infection / allergic reaction to eye medication / other eye infection. YUCK!


17 comments:

Shannon said...

Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the boys had a blast!! What a great memory!

Your funny about the LOUD bells!!! I bet that was interesting ride back with those! :o)

Nicole said...

So fun...we want to do that one year. There is one here in the LA area. Great pics.

ScennyLloyd said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love that they give them bells and hot chocolate just like the movie! We will have to check it out next year!!!

Michelle Ashton said...

Sounds like fun. I have always wanted to do that. Maybe one of these years before my kids get too old. ??

Brianne said...

So fun!! My husband and I were just talking about going on the Polar Express train ride :) It looks like a blast. Also here is my email briannechase@ymail.com

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

Looks like Fun! How fun for your boys to meet Santa:)

R A C H A E L said...

What a great way to start of December. We do the same thing but in Durango every year. The kids LOVE it. How fun you went with Dawnielle and Jon and the boys! (and brynn, who I still have not met)

Shel said...

We are sooo jealous! We have wanted to go too....hopefully next year!!?? I love what Rhett said to his teacher!

Brook & Travis said...

How fun for your boys!! And you too! I love that all the kids wore their pj's! They have a polar express in Heber too and I've always wanted to go! I love the magic of Christmas! I was so sorry to hear about Monica and Kael's baby girl. I hope they are doing ok. Could you email their address. I'd like to send a card. Thanks! brookblue@yahoo.com

Brook & Travis said...

ps...Hope your eye is better, how annoying!

Tiffani said...

AHHHH!! That sounds like so much fun! I'm totally jealous. I'm going to have look and see if they have one in WA.

wittygal said...

I know Ethan had a great time. He brought his Bell to school and it was all he talked about. For sure ETHAN BELIEVES!!!

Tanner Fam said...

I have never been to the Polar Express, but always thought it would be a fun festive activity. Thanks for the pre warning to bring some asprin.

wackywilsons said...

What a fun experience!!! Your boys looked so happy and giddy there in their PJ's...and you and your long blond locks are gorgeous:)

Jenna said...

Those are precious pictures, you will always remember this!

Ashlee said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that they were all in their jammies! Today Gavin and I watched The Polar Express movie probably 10 times throughout the day, love it!!! Hope you are enjoying the Season! Hey I'm coming down around Jan. 11th for a Photography workshop! Hopefully we can meet up then!

Mama Apes... said...

WOW so much fun...Brooke you got some great pic's! You all look like you had fun at the North Pole!!