Saturday, November 1, 2008

{Happy Halloween!}


Is it just me...or did it feel like Halloween for the last days? We've been to so many parties and got so much candy it's crazy!! The kids have gotten good use out of their costumes though! Rhett was Darth Vader, Ethan was Spiderman, and Kade wore the dreaded Leopard costume. All my boys have despised that thing! Well I've used it 3 times, so if anyone wants to torture their child with it let me know, it's all yours! It's so cute out, it has a big padded bum and belly - but for some reason my boys don't like it at all when they are 2!



Wednesday we went to a Halloween Party at the gym, and then over to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. It was fun as usual, I love seeing all the kids from our ward dressed up! This is a cute picture of Kade and his friend Brayden.

Thursday we went to a Costume Bingo at Rhett's school. Grandma, Ally, and Brittany came too! After that we went to a Haunted House in our neighborhood. It was very fun, not too spooky for the kids and they went through again and again.



Friday Rhett brought his costume to school for his character book report. Then we he got home from school we went over to Grandma Flake's to eat a special Halloween Dinner that Ethan and Grandma made. Mummies, witches fingers, broomsticks, Vampire Blood and Bones, and Witches Blood. Then we headed out the door to go trick-or-treating!


There's a Haunted House a block away from my parent's home that is really decked out each year with lots of people dressed up inside ready to scare you as you walk through a tight dark maze. Rhett and Ethan were BEGGING to go in it. Brittany and I tried it out while my Mom took the boy's down the street. It was super scary so we told the boys no. The rest of the night they insisted that they wanted to go...so when we got back to Grandma's they convinced us. Grandpa, Daddy, Mommy, and Brittany took Rhett and Ethan. Ethan had Cody holding him the whole time, and Rhett covered his ears the whole time - but when they came out they were so excited and proud that they had gone through it! Let's hope they don't wake up with bad dreams!!


We got back to Grandma's and they sorted all their candy into different piles. So MUCH candy. We left 1/2 at Grandma's and the rest is hidden in my closet. I should just chuck it! All in all it was a super fun Halloween and we hope you had fun too!
Now can any of you guess who my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Suzi are dressed as?

13 comments:

wittygal said...

Sounds like you celebrated halloween as many time as we did. Good thing I love holidays and partys!! Great Costumes!!

Ashlee said...

Sounds like so much fun! Your boys are so brave to go through the haunted maze! I feel like throwing all Gavin's candy out too, cuz guess who will eat it all, ME?!! John McCain and Sarah Palin?? I saw that a lot this year! One of my friends in utah dressed her little boy up as John McCain with a comb over, so funny and his little friend as Sarah Palin!!! Funny!!!

Hutchinson said...

Oh how fun. Ya, I think Halloween lasted around a week this year. Fun pictures. Your boys look great!

R A C H A E L said...

BAAAA! I am laughing at Suz and Kev! AWESOME!

Halloween is always fun, I love the costumes. It does feel like it lasts for DAYS though.

Tiffani said...

WOW, it looks like you guys had a great time. I love how kids always want to sort their candy. I remember doing the same thing as a kid. Your boys are so cute. They look so happy! And good for them going through the hanuted house. They're so brave!

Shannon said...

Love their costumes! Looks like you guys were super busy!!!Good thing you got the most out of those cute costumes!!!

Tanner Fam said...

DANG girl, you've been busy. The boys looked so good in their costumes, and holy cow, that was a whole lot of candy.

Brianne said...

First of all I love your uncle and aunts costume!! Also your boys looks so cute! I can't believe they went through the haunted house. Sounds like you all had a successful Halloween :)

Shel said...

Fun posting and fun pics! Your kids had too much fun!! Just how it should be!!

Jesmyluk said...

Party after party after party...huh...I think the holidays aer upon us. LOL Thanks so much for coming to the party I really enjoyed my talk with Rhett, he was so cute! Glad you had such a Happy Halloween!!!

Brook & Travis said...

Your boys look so cute! They got tons of candy...WOW! I'm jealous that you get to be around your mom and sisters so much, how fun would that be?! Glad you had a great Halloween!

Karla said...

Sounds like fun. Your boys are so adorable. I love their little costumes. What a good idea to have a halloween dinner. I will have to try and remember to do something like that next year.

Peck Family said...

you updated alot! Fun Halloween.