Sunday, September 7, 2008

{My Rhett}

Can it really be that 7 years ago Cody and I had our first little boy? Sometimes it feels like it's gone so fast...other times I can't remember life before Rhett very well at all! Cody and I had only been married 6 or 7 months when we found out we were expecting. It was a surprise, but a happy one! We discovered that the medication I was taking for step throat cancelled out my birth control pills....a little info for those that didn't know medication does that!

I was so excited and Cody was so nervous! He was hoping to get through school before we started our family. Somehow after I had Rhett he let me stay home with him while Cody worked full time and went to school full time. He was AMAZING and still is. But back to Rhett....

Rhett was 6lbs 11oz. I was induced because he refused to come out...and when he was born it was a scary fast delivery that required no pushing, the vacuum, and a broken tailbone. More ouchy details but I'll spare you those! I couldn't walk normal for months! He was so worth it though!

Rhett was an easy-going baby. Like all my boys, he developed a love for balls and cars early on! He loved to play outside and go on walks. He was my travel buddy as he and I made lots of trips from Utah to AZ to visit my family!


When Rhett was 2-1/2 his brother Ethan was born! Rhett was a great big brother...giving lots of kisses and always bringing Ethan new toys.

Rhett made us all nervous by not talking until he was 3! When he started, it all came fast though - and you would never know it now. When he was younger he was really into makes and models of cars. We would be driving around and he would be naming them off left and right, and telling us if they were a new or older model, what side the gas cap was on and what shape it was.


Here's some facts about Rhett right now: *loves pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo *loves ice cream like his daddy and can eat LOTS! *is so honest, always tells the truth *loves to play with cars from Cars the Movie *is a fast runner *loves a schedule like his mama! *is a great reader and has very neat handwriting *used to be so afraid of medical masks but now loves to go to the dentist *loves to color *loves church *gets really attached to his teachers *likes to go on hikes and go camping


I never thought growing up in a family of all sisters that I would be a mom to all boys, but I love it and especially love how my boys are "mama's boys". Rhett is especially, we have something special together. He is always complimenting me and telling me he loves me. I feel so lucky to have him be the oldest boy in our family, he is such a great big brother to Ethan and Kade. Rhett we love you!! XOXO

8 comments:

Candace said...

You have such cute children with the best personalities. Rhett is such a sweet boy.

ScennyLloyd said...

That baby picture of Rhett is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! I hope my little boy is that cute!! Happy Birthday Rhett!

Brittany said...

aw! I love Rhett! I am glad we were able to come and spend his birthday with him!!

Jesmyluk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesmyluk said...

Sorry hit the trash button accidentally, Nolan chose that moment to give me a hug and climbed right on up. hee hee

My comment said that I was really moved by this post, little Rhett was such a beautiful baby and how happy I am that he is part of your sweet family.

Herbert Family said...

That was so sweet. I loved reading that. Rhett is such a sweet boy. All of your boys are adorable I am sure they will have lots of girls after them:-)

Mama Apes... said...

Happy Birthday RHETT!
Times does fly by...love the post Brooke and the pic's are way cute!
Looks's like it was a fun day!

Shannon said...

How sweet!! I love those pictures!!!! With such great parents he is bound to be such a great kiddo!!!