Saturday, September 20, 2008

{Day 3}

Friday started off shaky, Kendyll was sick and had thrown up early that morning. Kael gave her a blessing and she was able to get feeling better (for the day at least) and we all ate breakfast and then headed off to Huntington Beach.
When we go there it was about 10:30, overcast, and chilly! I was wishing I had packed a jacket! We brought all our stuff down to the beach and set everything up. The sun never came out from behind the clouds, but it did warm up a bit. The cold water did not stop the kids (or our husbands!) from having hours of fun in the water.

Ethan, Logan, and Ashton spent 4 hours in the water. Jumping over waves, going in chest-deep, they had no fear! They were loving every minute! Rhett enjoyed it too, but he also had fun building sand castles and going in the deeper water with Daddy.

Cody, Kael, and Danny all rented boogie-boards and had a lot of fun with them. The waves were big for California, 6-7ft so they were able to have some fun rides. There were a lot of surfers out and we had fun watching them also. I was a wimp and didn't go in the water past my knees...it was COLD!

Kael & Danny

Danny & Cody

It was so relaxing to just sit on the beach after a full day at Disneyland! Crew and Kade were on bird patrol - alternating between feeding the aggressive seagulls and then chasing them saying "roar!". It was cute. Kendyll was the shell collector, she found a bucketful of pretty shells. It was so much fun! Kael & Monica


Ashton & Lesli

Brooke & Kade


Cheese!!


Danny & Ashton

Rhett

Gene & Cassie

Kendyll & Ally


Crew & Grandpa


Cody & Ethan

Kade


Ashton Family

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow Brooke! HB is my hometown. I did not realize you guys went there! Looks like you had fun even though the clouds hung out. All of the pics are great!

Tiffani said...

We're kind of freaking out because we just got back from Disneyland as well!!! Could we have seen each other? We got there on Saturday, the 13th. Anyway, it looks like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures!

Herbert Family said...

Seeing these pictures brings back lots of memories for me. I grew up about 10 minutes from there. HB was my favorite spot in the summer:-)

Jesmyluk said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the beah Brooke. I miss hanging out at the beach, I think, most of all. Looks like fun.

Becca said...

HOW FUN! We'll have to plan a big trip with a bunch of us, wouldn't that be a blast?! I love the picture of Kade on the ice chest and the one's with Rhett's super big smile!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. It is so nice that you get to spend time with family. Great memories!

Jenna said...

It looks like such a fun trip!! Disneyland is one of my absolute favorite places. I'm glad you guys had a fun time. California beaches can be a little chilly, but so much fun too!

Hutchinson said...

So fun catching up on you and your cute family. Looks like you had so much fun with the Ashtons. Is it so hard to believe Rhett and Em are turning 7. What happened to the time? I wish time could stand still for a while. Love you!

Jennie said...

I'm so glad you guys went on such a fun family vacation! Looks like you had a blast! We would love to join you for next time:)

Brook & Travis said...

Oh, how fun for you guys! I love Disneyland, but wish we would've gone in September like you instead of June! Oh well. It was fun to see Lesli and Kael's families, it's been too long! Wow, so many boys! I bet Kendyll had a lot of fun with your sister! Glad you guys had a great time!

Ashlee said...

Wow, so much fun!!! The beach is always fun, even if it is cold! You guys all look so cute in your swimming gear!!!!