Wednesday, July 2, 2008

{8 Years!}

Yesterday was our 8th Anniversary - WOW time flies so fast!! Our wedding pictures didn't turn out - they were all blurry so the few photos I have are ones that friends happened to take. I love this group shot even though it's fuzzy. This was in 115 degree heat and a lot of these people are family members who traveled far to see us married in the AZ temple!


Sometimes it feels like just a year or so ago we were living in the top of a house - with rainbow carpet, no counter space, and no door for our bedroom. Sure it wasn't the greatest but to us it was fabulous and all we needed for just the two of us. The best part was downstairs lived Cody's cousin Lindsay and her hubby Cody who was my Cody's best friend in high school. Make sense?




Lindsay and I had so much fun trying to find jobs together, making dinner together, and watching Oprah on her tiny TV where we could only get it in black and white and very fuzzy. Our landlord was so cheap he cut the lawn with a weedwacker so he didn't have to buy a lawnmower. Good times! We had so much fun living so close, we were so sad when Cody and Lindsay moved back to Lyman and we had to get an apartment on our own!! Now they are expected their 3rd girl and we have 3 boys - crazy crazy!!


We celebrated on Monday, my mom offered to keep my boys overnight and Cody and I went to The Cheesecake Factory. Yum it was good. I feel so lucky to be married to such an amazing man and I can't wait to spend eternity with him also. Love you hon!!
XOXO
Brooke

7 comments:

The Bluths said...

That's awesome carpet. You should put it in your house now.

Tanner Fam said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. You've come a long way on your living conditions...but isn't it amazing how no matter where you were or are, happiness was and always is there? You have a great husband, and he has a fabulous wife.

Michelle Ashton said...

I hope you had a fantastic anniversary. It's amazing how time goes by so fast. We celebrated our 12th anniversary in March.

By the way.....I believe Quinn and I were at your wedding. :)

Shannon said...

Okay-- u turkey!! You didn't even MENTION to me Monday was the big DAY! Happy Late Anniv.!!! I wish I would have known!!! :o) Glad you two were able to get out and have fun!!

Herbert Family said...

Happy Anniversary! We went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate ours too:-)

R A C H A E L said...

Happy Anniversary! Whoo Hoo!! Summer Weddings are the best!

Shel said...

Such fun pictures to see. We just had #5 and I neeed to blog asap!! I havent for sooo long! Watch for new posts maybe next week!! Looks like you have so many fun friends and do sooo many fun things! You guys have been busy with lots of good things this summer!! Your boys just get cuter and cuter.