Sunday, June 22, 2008

{Sedona}


We're back! We had a fun 4 days in Sedona for the yearly Edward Jones Summer Regionals Meeting. How fun to work for a company where lots of your friends work along with their fun wives and families! We had such a great time (thus the millions of pics I am going to post!). My mom kept Kade for us and although we missed him lots, the vacation was a lot easier without him and his two naps a day to plan around!!

Cody and 7 of his friends went mountain biking early one morning. They had a great time and went really far..in the top pic on the left that's where they started and they rode all the way to those mtns in the background. He had a lot of fun and would love a mtn bike for his birthday I'm sure!!

One of the days we went to Beaver Creek, a really cool swimming hole with some rope swings and small cliffs for the boys to jump off of. Ethan especially loved the rope swing and did it over..and over..and over. When we first arrived he jumped off a pretty high cliff (for his size) and when he hit the water a lot of dirt came up and he didn't even go under water. It was really shallow where he had jumped into and we are so luck he didn't break his legs or get hurt!! I think his life jacket helped him stay close to the surface, thank goodness!!
Chad took us out on his Ranger, Ethan said it was the fastest golf cart ever! Then Adrianna took the girls out for a ride. We thought about staying out all day but decided to be nice and come back :o).


The resort we stayed at was really nice, it had a pool we went to several times a day and lots of ponds with fish and ducks. The kids loved the dress up nights, one night was cowboys and indians and the last night was a masquerade and the kids made masks and got to parade them through the grownup's formal dinner.


Cody looked so great in his suit, I love how he dresses so nice for work each day even though I'm sure it's not so fun for him!! I am so proud of him and how well he is doing already! He is such a hard worker and we are already seeing results. Love you hon!!

14 comments:

The Bluths said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun! Who had Kade?

Jesmyluk said...

What a neat weekend getaway. I love Sedona!! It looks like all of you had so much fun!!! And a weekend without the baby, I am jealous!! But I bet you missed him like crazy.

Anonymous said...

Look at you cute thing! So skinny, haven't gained a pound since high school! Looks like you had fun! Is having a gorgeous wife a requirement to work at Edward Jones??

Jenna said...

What a fun trip! And it makes it even better that it was 'for work'!

Jenna said...

What a fun trip! And it makes it even better that it was 'for work'!

Tiffani said...

It sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. I love all the pictures! Makes me want to go on a little get-away!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke. I found your blog page through Dustin and April's page.

Looks like you all had a great time. I love Sedona.

Anonymous said...

Ooh- that looks like fun! I didn't know he was doing Edward Jones... I'm glad it's going well! And amen to the gorgeous wife comment... most of those girls are in my ward, and they are all nice too!

Linda Flake said...

cute pictures Brooke it sounds like the boys and everyone had a blast!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hey there! I didn't know he worked for Edward Jones. I saw a lot of familiar faces at that conference. I think it was the entire old ward reunited! I'm sure it was a blast. You guys are all smokin!

Mama Apes... said...

How fun you guys we never have been to sedona and this makes us want to go!! We are so happy for you guys and that it's all working out for Cody and this new job! Miss ya all!

Tanner Fam said...

I am so glad you were able to get away. What great memories. It's nice that you already know the wives, so you can go and really enjoy. I'm glad Cody is doing so well.

R A C H A E L said...

You look so cute in that little black dress! Glad you had fun! We love the work trips! Everything is paid for! Whoo Hoo!!

Brook & Travis said...

First, Brooke you look SO beautiful in those formal pictures!! Your trip looked so fun!! A perfect vacation spot for your boys! Yes, two year olds are hard to travel with, I hear you there!! What is Cody doing now? Still in computers? Good luck with the new job, that's exciting!!