Monday, July 21, 2008

{Marshmallow Part II}


  • Well Marshmallow the frog is back...in the form of a stray cat who visits our backyard. I was hanging wet towels in the backyard the other day when I heard a meow....I called the boys outside and they were so excited to see a white cat. We fed him milk and took turns petting him/her. When I asked what we should name it, the boys all said Marshmallow!! Ethan then said "Mom, I think our frog was resurrected!" Priceless...all those years of Home Evening have paid off it seems!
  • Marshmallow visits our backyard a few times a week. One morning Ethan was outside with him and the cat was purring and walking around Ethan over and over. I said, "Ethan, Marshmallow like you!" and Ethan said "Mom, we're playing duck, duck, goose". Duh....
  • Well last week was a wild week - my Dad took Rhett and Ethan with him to Snowflake on Tuesday so from Tuesday - early Friday morning so I was down to one child!! And let me tell you it was EASY!!! Kade has never been so mild tempered and easy going. He was meant to be an only child, let me tell you! He did miss his brothers (not as much as me though!) and would talk about them over and over. "Hett! Buh Bye! E-han! Buh-Bye!" he repeated so many times. We were excited to see them Friday morning when Cody, Kade, and I made it up to Snowflake. I have so many pics I need to go through from Snowflake, so that will be another post.
  • While the older boys were gone, Kade and I went on a play date with my friend Shannon and her CUTE little girl Hannah. (this is an older pic from a few weeks ago)

We took the kids to a play place that just opened..they played hard for two hours and loved every second.







Well that's all for now...hope everyone's doing well and having a nice summer!!


The END (picture courtesy of Ethan)

9 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

I love that they think that good ole Marshmellow has been resurrected. How cute is that? it just proves that they are listening to you! You go Brooke. You aer such a good mommy!!.

Tiffani said...

Ah Brooke, that's awesome that you got some one on one time with your little man. I seriously love the Ethan stories. I know I say that over and over, but the that boy is stinkin' hilarious. So great that the frog has been resurrected into a cat!

The Bluths said...

So entertaining, who needs TV when you have an Ethan.

Shannon said...

Hahaha even tho I should be sleeping right now I'm laughing out loud on the Ethan Events and comments! He is a ham!!!

We had a blast!!! Thanks for going! We should go again!

I have kittie treats for Marshmellow! Do we dare say the Ashtons may just have a new pet on their hands?? Cat live a lot longer than frogs...hehehe!!!

Love ya!
xo

Michelle Ashton said...

Isn't it amazing how differetnt kids are when the others aren't around and they are competing with eachother? There have been times when we have just had Mimi while the other two were gone. Man! Was life a breeze! Ha!

Ethan is a corker! :)

Tanner Fam said...

Might want to be careful if another baby comes...you may be stuck naming him/her Marshmallow.

Jenna said...

That's so great you were able to spend a week with just Kade. And I LOVE that they said Marshmallow was resurrected. Classic!

Kylee said...

Hi Brooke! Your blog is cute, I miss you guys! Kade is getting so big. Keep the posts coming!

Shel said...

Kade suddenly looks all grown up to me! I don't think it has been THAT long since I have seen him but he just looks sooo much older! You are so lucky to have parents to take your kiddos away! Not many do that!! But how fun for all of them! I bet Kade was soo excitd to see his brothers again though! :) Just like you!! You guys definitely know how to have fun!!