Wednesday, February 10, 2010

{Christmas 2009}



My cold heart melted ever so slightly and after lots of persuasion from Cody (we are talking years!!) I consented to allowing the boys to get a puppy for Christmas. They were very excited when a couple days before Christmas they awoke to a letter from Santa explaining he had dropped off their present early since he can't bring puppies on the sleigh. They decided to name her socks since her legs are white. She is a miniature schnauzer. They are in LOVE (Rhett even said he wants to marry her) so I guess I am glad they have a dog even though it means lots of work for me and my overcoming my dog issues! I tell them they better enjoy her because she is the only dog they will ever have (mean mommy).



Christmas morning was lots of fun also! Kade was excited to get a pirate set and some new dinosaurs.



Rhett got a Star Wars movie he's been wanting, a Star Wars Laptop, and some Indiana Jones Lego's.



Ethan was very excited to get a new bike that he's had his eye on for awhile, he is having fun learning some new tricks on it.



Another favorite present was some boxing gloves that Cody bought the boys....judging from the boxing gloves, light sabers, and Nerf guns we have around here things can get a little dangerous :o)



Having Sam and Melissa, Ashley, and Brittany in town meant lots of fun family get together. One day Sam watched all three of my boys so the girls could escape to the East side for a bit to hit up our favorite stores and eat at one of our favorites, Oregano's. YUM!



We played baseball in the park across from our house, boys against girls....NOT FAIR!

Another fun tradition is gingerbread houses....of course my boys like to eat most of the candy but they get that from me!



Christmas was so fun, the best part was being around family and having family home evening lessons with the boys teaching them the true meaning of Christmas. I love all the Christmas cards, pictures, and letters from friends and family....the goodies delivered....buying presents for those I love...the excitement....acts of kindness.....etc! Although it is a busy time I miss it already and can't wait for Christmas 2010!

Now I have FINALLY somewhat caught up my blog and can sleep better at night! Whew!

5 comments:

Tiffani said...

All those pictures are so fun. I feel like our houses mirror each other. Star Wars, Legos, pirates...all things that cover my floors as well.

And how fun that all your sisters were home. You gals are a gorgeous bunch.

Jenna said...

Socks is adorable, I'm glad they're having so much fun with her. And I LOVE Oregano's!!!

Jesmyluk said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas, I'm so glad. And that new puppy is so adorable. I can see why your "Mean Mommy" heart melted. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Nicole said...

Socks is adorable! Cadence and Brady got a new puppy too for Christmas! So much fun for them! A lot of work for us but so worth it for the kids and their excitement!

Locamoniqua said...

What a fun Christmas! I bet your boys are just loving the dog. What a good mom you are! I love the dog's sweaters. : )