Thursday, February 25, 2010

{Caught You!}



This is what I discovered this morning after putting away laundry upstairs and leaving Kade on his own....yum yum!

Another fun side effect of Kade's medication (heavy sarcasam here) is that he feels hungry all the time. All day long he is begging for food, sneaking food, eating food, etc. I try to feed him high-fiber foods that will help him feel hungry later, but even with our best efforts he is putting on weight faster than we would like. It's hard to not feed your child when they tell you they are hungry :o(. He is up 5 pounds since he started the medication in January....that doesn't sound like a lot but he is only two pounds less than Ethan now. Oh well, what can you do! Weight gain vs Seizures....we'll take the weight gain.

2 comments:

shannen said...

That sounds like a pretty miserable side effect...I'm so sorry. It irks me when 5 minutes after declaring herself stuffed, my daughter is once again "starving". I can't imagine dealing with that day in and day out. But, then again, I don't blame Kade for sneaking those yummy bars - they are irresistible! I'd be climbing on the counter to get to them too :)

Mark and Jessica said...

I would definetly take the weight gain! We would do just about anything to get Ryan to gain weight. His younger sister (by 2 years)has outweighed him for over 5 years. But I agree with Shannen that it's annoying to have your kids *starving* just after they ate - deal with it alot and don't know how to handle it very well. good luck!