Tuesday, August 19, 2008

{Melissa & Sam}


My sister Melissa and her husband Sam came down from Utah for a week to visit! We had so much fun hanging out, playing games, and just laughing at all the silly things we laugh about when we are all together! Does anyone else get all giddy and weird when they are around their sisters? We have way too many inside jokes and lines that remind us of funny things from our past....Sam would just roll his eyes and humor us!!

I have 5 sisters and we are pretty spread out age-wise. I'm the oldest (28), then there's Melissa (24), Ashley (21), Brittany (17), and Ally (12).


The boys were so excited to see them, they especially liked it when Melissa and Sam had a sleepover at our house. They made sure to wake them up in the morning by jumping on their bed. Sam taught Kade a new trick...giving "bones".


We went over to my mom's lots - we went swimming and played a wild game of badmitton.


My sis-in-law April watched my boys Sat. morning so I could go with my family to Sunsplash. Lots of fun, espcially with no little kids to worry about! Of course it had it's funny moments - lots of wedgies, a "string", and my swimsuit top loosing all elasticity. I had to tie a knot in the side of my suit like in the 80's - othewise it would have been to my knees. Too bad, it was a cute top!!

It was a fun, fun week and we were sad to see them go. Can't wait until Christmas until we see them again!

XOXO

Brooke

15 comments:

The Bluths said...

I can't think of a single inside joke I have with my sister. Isn't that sad? She's the oldest and I'm the youngest and she never really got along with me till now (I always adored her of course). So nice to have so many sisters as your friends too.

Teresa said...

I love it! There's nothing better than hanging out with family!

Anonymous said...

You and your sisters all look the same....very cute and SKINNY. What is your secret, don't tell me genetics!

Alisha

Mama Apes... said...

I'm so glade you got to spend time with your cute sisters!! I do wished mine lived closer!! So many fun times!! You all look so nice and dressed up!

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

I completely know what you mean. It is so funny when I get with with all of my sisters it is like no time has gone by at all, and we are all just as silly as ever. We keep it rolling with those "inside jokes" as well. The hubby's just roll their eyes:)Isn't it nice to have so many sisters?

R A C H A E L said...

How much fun! I miss melissa! I have only met her Sam once! How sad! Great post!!

Shannon said...

Oh fun...I was waiting for these pics!! I knew you would have a cute post with your sisters visit!! Your lucky to have such great sisters and friends all in one!!! Looks like you had fun!! The swimsuit issues sound like something that would happen to me!! Good thing it was able to tie and work around!! :o)

xo
Shannon

Jenna said...

There's nothing better than spending time with family. I know all about being giddy around your siblings, it's so much fun. I have mostly brothers though and they crack me up. Too bad about your swimsuit--I hate when that happens! :)

Tanner Fam said...

Reading your blog makes me realize how much I miss out by not having any sisters. So glad to see the love you all have for one another.

christensen crew said...

Brooke, you are so pretty! With three boys too! So impressed. There is nothing like being with sisters! Isn't the funnest? You are all gorgeous girls!

Tiffani said...

Hey Brooke! I have been so out of the loop lately...but it was great getting all got caught up on the happenings of your little family. Seriously...you are so photogenic. You look great in every picture! Payton starts Kindergarten in a few weeks and I'm kind of freaking out about it. And fun girls nights! Also...I'm a spaz when I'm around my sister. It just happens!

ScennyLloyd said...

Sounds fun! I wouldn't know what it's like to hang out with a sister, mine lives soooo far away I rarely see her...:)j/k. What I really want to see is the eighties swim top! Please tell me you at least got a picture!!

Becca said...

Every time you post something about your sisters, it makes me miss mine! So I find myself on the phone... I have 3 sisters, and I agree....sisters are definately a "must have" in life!

Brook & Travis said...

Sorry I haven't been good at blogging lately, but I wanted to say hi! You and your sisters are so pretty with you long blond hair! How fun to live close to lots of your family! Time with sisters is the best I think! How's Rhett doing back to school, fun!

Shel said...

I'll say it again..."Can I be in your family??" You guys have too much fun Brooke!!