Tuesday, August 12, 2008

{1st Day of School!}

Summer went fast...like it always does and this week the boys started school. Rhett's in 1st grade this year. He was excited for school to start but a little nervous about his new teacher. He came home smiling big telling me she was so beautiful and he already told her he loves her.


Monday morning Ethan cried and cried...why couldn't his school start on Monday? When we took Rhett to his class Ethan looked on all the desks trying to find a name tag with his name...when it was time to say good-bye to Rhett, Ethan started crying again. Was it because he was going to miss Rhett or because he wanted to stay and be in 1st grade? #2.


We had to make Monday extra fun so we played games like stick Ethan in the tinker-toys bin... Then I was Miss Ashton and Ethan practiced writing his name over and over so he could impress Miss Christy.

At last it was Tuesday...and Ethan's 1st day of pre-school. He has been counting down this day since Rhett started Kindergarten! Kade was pretending the lunch bag was his backpack...


Ethan's preschool had a muffin breakfast and then it was time for parents to go.....so then Kade started crying, wishing he could stay. I could barely buckle him into his carseat because he was throwing such a big fit. Oh boy..... Ethan had a great first day and I know he'll have lots of fun and learn a lot this year.

I have improved my "letting go" skills this year, only tearing up when I passed by the Kindergarten room remembering how hard it is to leave your little one for the first time. I haven't even drove by the playground at recess time...look at me now!

15 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

Your boys look so good. That's great that they love school so much. I think that makes it a little easier to send them off.

Shel said...

SUCH handsome boys!! All of them! I love Rhett! If I was his teacher...I would just take him home everyday! They are soo lucky to be so loved! And cute Ethan...all ready for school...can't wait to hear all the things he will have to say from school....and then I look at cute Kade...he is just a little hotty! Who could guess he isn't even 2 yet? If we do have a girl...I call dibs on Kade for her!! :) She can write to him while he is on his mission!! :) JK!

DM said...

Can you believe how fast time goes?! It is so sad that summer has to go by so quickly. It's so nice though when they like school...it makes it a lot easier on us moms. :-) I can't believe Rhett is in love with his teacher...that is hilarious!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

CUTIES!!! Time just ticks by WAYYYYY too fast.
So I thought that post about the dog CC was Hilarious! Steve would have killed me. He feels the same way about those animals :)

Jesmyluk said...

I am proud of you for not stalking your child during recess this year. LOL Way to go mom...baby steps, baby steps. The boys look great in these pics!! So cute and growing up faster and faster everyday.

Angie said...

I can't believe school is already starting there. I guess ours starts next week. I'm so scared to send Cardon to kindergarten. Your boys are cute as ever!

Brittany said...

so cute! I bet kade is an angel now that hes got you all to himself!

Mitchell Maddness said...

That's way funny! I never knew you drove by the playground at recess! I'm glad you're improving!

ashley said...

those pictures are so cute! i love the one with kade and his "backpack"!

Bowdens said...

Your boys are so cute! And I agree, summer did go by really fast! We asked about a reunion, but MRHS just said they don't sponser any reunions, so if students want to put one together and pay for it, then they can do it. I think it's a little crazy...what school doesn't put on reunions? Kirk doesn't care at all though, so I guess oh well?!

Shannon said...

Oh how adorable! They all look so big!!! Esp. Kade!! What happen! You must have given them extra veggies this summer!! hehe They all seem so happy to have their own classes!!! Poor Kade....his time will come!! What will you do with the free time??! :o)

Becca said...

It does seem crazy that we're already into 1st grade....AND preschool! I'm glad that Rhett like his teacher, he's such a sweetie.

Mama Apes... said...

So sad to be back into the rush and running of school but I guess they need it right? We all had so much fun with your boys on sat! Glad you got out and had fun!

R A C H A E L said...

I can't believe school is starting! Wow. So soon, and Ethan is just as excited as Zoey for pre-school. Only one at home for a few hours. Is it wierd?

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

hi brooke! aw, we had our 'first day' today too. sob sob, my oldest in prek! :) so happy you found me and my foodie blog. you're welcome to visit anytime~ i hope you find something delicious! (try the homemade cookie dough ice cream. i'm telling you, it's glo-rious-)
hugs,
rachelle