Saturday, April 5, 2008

{Picnik}

Hello everyone....I hope everyone's having a nice weekend! I do love these conference weekends. My fav is the Sunday afternoon session when the kiddos are all taking naps and you get to lay on the couch with your hubby and listen in peace! We have had a pretty mellow weekend so far.

Rhett had a T-ball game this morning, and he actually is doing great! He doesn't have the longest attention span sometimes so I wondered how he'd do out in the field. He actually was chasing the ball and caught it once, he was so proud. He does great at bat also. It kills Ethan to watch and not be able to play! Cody is the assistant coach and so I sit on the sidelines trying to entertain Kade! He is not all about sitting still on my lap, that's for sure!

Speaking of Kade, I want to write down his little nicknames before I forget them. Oh boy, he's got a lot of them. Baby-love is what the boys call him most, but here's the others. Kade-a-babe, Kad-er-aid, Kashie, Kashie-bashie-boo-boo, and Kady(thanks Ally). Somehow he still answers to Kade also, thank goodness! He is such a climber, today I was in the upstairs loft on the computer when I hear him yelling for me "MaMa!". I went in the boys room and he had climbed up the ladder onto the top bunk bed. What a stinker!

Today I worked on FHE packets with my sis-in-law April. We're in a group that swaps them so we have been working many hours on them! It's insane how long those babies take! The kids will like them though, so it will be worth it. I think.

Ethan's been doing a funny thing lately. He's all into thumbs up, and if Rhett gives him a thumbs down that is the ultimate insult. He asked me for a drink of milk, so I got him one in a glass. He turned to me with his thumb up and said "Thumbs up for you mom." It was so cute. So when I do nice things he solemnly gives me the thumbs up, it cracks me up. I have to turn my head and laugh, though, because when I laughed the first time he said "Why are you laughing at a little kid? That's not a nice thing to do." He's so serious about it. So when you see Ethan be sure and give him a thumbs up.

I just discovered the coolest photo website tonight, I had to share. It's called Picnick and it's like an easy free photoshop for basic fun tricks! I made this photo tonight just playing around. You can change colors, add swirlys and fun other things, and words in cool fonts. Very fun and easy.


Well that's all that's new around this casa. Hope everyone's doing well!

XOXO

Brooke

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hey Brooke,
Sounds like you are all doing great! I can't wait until our kids start doing t-ball and fun sports to go and watch! How fun for the family! I've been wanting to do FHE packets too, where do you get all your ideas?? Grandma and Grandpa Bluemel were in Parker, Arizona down by Lake Havasu getting a treatment on their ears. They didn't have their hearing aids in and they both could hear me really good! Some kind of acupuncture/chinese remedy.....

Tiffani said...

Your little Ethan keeps me laughing Brooke. I know I've said this before but that kid is stinkin' hilarious. I can't wait to check out that photo shop place. I love what you did to the picture.

Jesmyluk said...

Thanks for the link to Picnick! I cannot wait to try it out. Your blog is always so much fun to read. I'll make sure to give 'thumbs up' everytime I see Ethan. What a cutie-pie! 80)

Shannon said...

Oh sounds like a nice weekend! I need help with so FHE ideas so please share!!!

Ok so.....its not May 5th yet?? Cinco De Mayo? hahahaha Im cracking up here so please tell am I missing something?? :op

See ya at the gym Wednesday!!
xoxoxo

Brooke said...

ha ha, I'm a dork! So Mayo means May, is that what you're telling me? I better edit my post. No wonder no one invited me to any fiestas!

Hutchinson said...

You make me laugh. I love your picture ideas. Thanks for letting us in on the link. I want to try.

Brook & Travis said...

Thanks for sharing the photo link idea, that picture is really cute! My sisters and I were going to do FHE packets and exchange them once, and it never happened. I really need to do something like that!

The Bluths said...

I have to share your blog with Ethan every time your Ethan says something funny cuz it just cracks him up. I am checking out that picnick thing right now.

Becca said...

Brooke,
I LOVE that Ethan told you not to laugh at a little kid!!! FUNNY! That was a very nice post that you did for your mom, what a good daughter to go through 800 pictures!!

Shannon said...

Haha!!! NO PROBLEM!! I thought it was quite funny! I'll have to remind you next month and invite you over for a mayo feast! hehehe