Monday, April 14, 2008

{4/14/08}

Hello everyone!! I hope you all had a nice weekend!

Cody's mom and dad came into town Thursday night. We headed over to Dustin and April's house for a bar-b-q and had a good time. Friday Cody took his big test...and PASSED!! We are so, so proud of him! The Series 7 is really hard and it's a one chance kind of thing! We are so glad that's over with!

Saturday we went to t-ball games - Mason had one at 9 and Rhett's was at noon. Rhett's approach to t-ball is very laid back. He hits the ball. Watches it for a bit....turns and waves to his fans, and then slowly jogs to first base. Luckily the kids always overthrow so he always makes it to first!! His favorite part (of course!) is the snacks at the end.



Grandpa bought snow cones for all the kids, he was very popular!! The kids were sticking their tongues out to see if they were blue or red, so Kade kept sticking his out almost the whole day! It was cute.


That night we got sitters and went to a new Mexican restaurant in town. It was good....yay chips and salsa!! April left for Hawaii early Sat morning and Cassie is staying to watch her kids for the week.


Sunday morning Gene headed back to Logan. Dustin and kids, Cassie, and my family came over for dinner. I made this ham, yummy it was good. It was so fun to be all together...I am so blessed with family, I feel so lucky to live close to my family and my in-laws are so sweet and kind. I know I am lucky with that!! While I'm at it, here are some more recipes that I like from Recipezaar. (click on the words to get the recipes) Caramel Apple Dip. Red Lobster Biscuits. Olive Gardens Pasta Fagioli. Oreo Balls. Fudge Crinkles. Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Baked Potato Skins. Tortilla Soup. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Spaghetti (Cody's FAV!). Crock Pot Roast. These are all tried and true recipes, some of my favs!!

XOXO

Brooke

5 comments:

Angie said...

I love that you posted the recipes...I can't wait to try the oreo balls!

Shel said...

Fun Brooke...I need to put all of these into my collection! We still need to do some cookbook recipe comparisons huh? CONGRATS to CODY!! WOW....can't wait to transfer my Edward Jones stuff over to him!!

Hutchinson said...

Congrats Cody!!!! We are so excited for him. I loved to see picts of the Ashtons. We really really miss all of you. Can't wait to try out the recipes. Love ya!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations Cody, that's always a relief when big tests are OVER! Elliott has boards coming up in about a month, so I know how it is! That's so fun to see Cassie and Gene, seems like they get down that way often! You guys are lucky to have them, they are the greatest! Have a fun week with Cassie! Tell her hello!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the last picture! So cute!!! Looks like you had fun!!!