Monday, April 21, 2008

{Field Trip!}


  • Rhett had his first field trip last week and Ethan, Ally, and I were along to tag along too! Ethan was so excited to be with the big Kindergartners :o). The day started out fun until the mom I was with wanted to spend the whole time looking at birds rather than the big cool animals like the giraffes and lions! Ethan was not ok with that! Luckily after the Kindergartners left Ally and I took Ethan back around to the animals he wanted to see.
  • Highlights of the day include: *the kids first lunchables (they were in love) *Ethan getting a kiss from his cute friend Mallory *Feeding the ostriches the giraffe's food after the giraffe's wouldn't come get it, then throwing it in their feathers *Ethan rode the chicken on the carousal, a tradition in our house for some reason *Rhett feeding deer in the petting zoo while getting his shirt nibbled on by an aggressive goat.
  • I am so loving this cute stage Rhett is in where he is so proud I am his mom and him wanting me to come to his field trips. Lots of moms came and I felt bad for the kids whose parents were not there. Rhett is doing so great in Kindergarten, he has the best teacher. She pushes the kids and is quite strict, but they thrive in that environment and are all reading and even alphabetizing. I can't believe how far he's come and I am so proud of him. Each week he brings home a paper where he has to use the 10 Dolce words in sentences. There are always a couple sentences where he writes about his mom, and he's always writing sweet things like "My mom is so pretty" "My mom is my best friend", etc. It makes me tear up everytime I read them! I love my Rhett, we do have a special bond, just like Ethan and his daddy have a special bond. Ethan's all rough and tough while Rhett is my tender hearted one.
  • It makes me sad to think that all too soon Ethan will be gone in Kindergarten also!! I enjoy naptimes with him where I turn on a movie for him and try to study on the computer. He always says "Mom, come snuggle me!" and how could I resist that? So I end up on the couch with him, snuggling and falling asleep together. What a snuggle bug. I hope this post doesn't sound too braggy, but I wanted to post some things about my boys that I love and want to remember in the future :o)
XOXO
Brooke

1 comment:

Brook & Travis said...

How fun! Don't you love the warm spring days and all the outside time? I like to imagine what it would be like to have a boy by reading all your fun posts! Hopefully someday...but not someday soon!