Monday, February 18, 2008

{Vegas Baby!}

Okay so I have been studying my little heart out and my computer keeps deleting my hard lab work when I try to submit it with a "page error".....grrrrr!! So since I'm fed up with that I am going to blog about my fun trip last week, with my momasita and sister Melissa who lives in the ghettos of Ogden.

Monday around 3 I took the boys to my parent's house where my sweet sisters Ally and Brittany offered to watch them until Cody got off of work. My mom and I left off on the 4-1/2 hour trek to Vegas. Time flew as we drove and I kept thinking in my head how nice it was to have such quiet, and adult conversation! No bags of fishy crackers to hand back or threats....or no pleas to play the silent game. It was lovely. We stopped at Pizza Hut for din din and I thought I'd be clever and order the Hawaiian Individual Pizza with no ham, extra pineapple. It was so nasty! It was like drinking a can of pineapple, juice and all, with fake cheese. Get the picture? Don't do it.

We got to the hotel right when Melissa showed up, perfect timing. We walked down the strip to Caesar’s Palace where we looked at shops, observed naughty naked women and men statues, and ate cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. Melissa did get yelled at by the waiter, a flamboyant man in his 40's. She was called a Pink Panther (she was wearing a bright pink shirt) and a barracuda. Yikes! Glad he didn't pick on me, I was wearing a green velour tracksuit so he could have had fun with that!

The next day we had breakfast with Melissa and while she was at her convention Mom and I shopped, ate, shopped, ate. Etc. It was so fun. That night we went in the hot tub and just had fun girl talk. The next day, more shopping, eating, then it was time to go. It was so fun and it was great seeing Melissa again, I miss her tons.

I did miss my kids and Cody a lot, thus my many calls home to see how things were going. I did become alarmed when every time I called they were at various stores and car dealerships. Leaving does come at a price I learned, as I entered our guest room to find 60 boxes of cereal. Oh yeah. Because cereal doesn't ever go on sale for $1 a box (except every week of the year). A big chunk of it is SUGAR CEREAL, which my kids are not allowed to have except on birthdays. At least I didn't come home to my precious Sienna gone. That will happen soon though if Cody has his way.

That brings me to my next news...Cody has started a new job this week. He has been hired on to be a financial advisor for Edward Jones. He quit his job at ASU and has started his 8-week studying to become certified as a financial advisor. We are nervous about the pay cut at first but we feel good about this and think it will be well worth it in the long run. Well that's all that's new at this crazy house.

XOXO
Brooke

My cute mom!


Melissa and I



Me




It was windy the last day.



Very Windy.

8 comments:

Shel said...

Such cute pics! What a FUN FUN trip! I can't imagine road trips anymore without the backward riding, handing the snack back! You hit that one on the head!! Congrats to Cody! Can't wait to keep posted on that!

Candace said...

Wow Brooke--what a change you guys have now. I'm sure the new job will be great for you guys! If you are thinking of downsizing your car...don't do it. Or, I should say don't downsize to a car the size of a Honda Accord like ours. Everytime we go somewhere we are packed in. There is no way we could fit three carseats in the back. Maybe I should have another baby soon so I can get a bigger car...maybe NOT!!! Glad you had fun in Vegas.

Ashlee said...

Brooke glad you had such a great time in Vegas! Yeah, it can get pretty WINDY here sometimes! Last week was really bad! How fun to just hang out with sisters and moms without kids! Good luck Cody on the new job!

The Bluths said...

Man, a girls night out sure does sound good. That sounded like so much fun. Did you get my last comment? About doing a double on Friday? Let me know.

Herbert Family said...

Sounds like fun. I love trips with no kids. Doesn't it always feel like your missing something. I went to Vegas in August with girls in the family and I always felt like I was missing something because I wasn't carrying a kid or a diaper bag. Glad you had fun!

Tiffani said...

So fun to have a girls weekend. I'm totally jealous. You're such a good writer Brooke. I lvoe reading your posts. I'm also way impressed that Cody watched the kids for the entire weekend. Congrats on the new job too!

Hutchinson said...

Hello my friend... I miss you!!! I am so happy that you got away I wasn't too far away from you that weekend. I was in St. George with my sisters. Aren't sisters the best. I'm glad you had fun. Really? 60 boxes of cereal? Good Luck with the new job!

Mama Apes... said...

Wow it looks like cereal took over at your house! What will we do w/ these boys?? How fun for you, melissa and your mom to get away for a weekend! I love your blog header so dang cute! Did you buy a program?? We should work on things together! -A