Monday, September 13, 2010

{Snowflake}



When I was growing up my favorite place to visit was Snowflake, and I love how the tradition has carried on and my boys love it too. We always talk about heading up there for the weekend but with sports and Cody's busy job we don't make it happen. We ALWAYS make time for going up for the Pioneer Celebration though, and look forward to it all summer long. The picture above of the road leading to my Grandparent's home makes me excited just to look at....there is nothing like going to Grandma's house! White picket fences, big red barn, swinging from the tree branches, horses, frogs, snakes, all you can eat snow-cones thanks to the new fun machine, and dozens of cousins makes this the best vacation ever for little boys and their mom too :o)



The boys always love holding the kittens, and have no fear when it comes to catching snakes that they find slithering across the grass. Jon and Cody took them "froggin'" one night and they were proud to show the frogs they caught.



Uncle Scott hosted our big bunch over at his house for a BBQ and basketball. I love catching up with all my aunt and uncles, we all live in Arizona but only get together a few times a year.



The Lance Flake Golf Tournament was fun also, my cousin Lance passed away four years ago and we always remember how passionate he was about sports.





Four Wheeler rides are all my boys want to do and Rhett and Ethan felt pretty cool giving Mom a ride (and some scares!)



Keaton and Uncle Scott saddled up their miniature ponies and the kids loved to ride them around the lawn.



The parade is always fun too, Rhett and Ethan rode on my Grandma's float with their cousins and Kade had a great time catching candy and cheering for the floats. We had a great time and can't wait to go back soon!!

6 comments:

Locamoniqua said...

Wow, lucky family! Pony rides, 4 wheelers, snakes and kittens! Sounds like kid heaven!

Lori said...

I can't believe their holding the snakes?!? Looks like a great time!

larainydays said...

It makes me sad all over again that I missed the 24th. It looks so idyllic in your beautiful pictures.

Rebecca Barlow said...

That house seriously looks like heaven. I love the white picket fences!

Sam and Melissa said...

I love the picture of Ethan riding a horse while eating a snowcone. Life doesn't get any better!

Erika said...

That looks like an awesome place to go! Kid Heaven!!