Thursday, October 29, 2009

{Rhett's Baptism}



Rhett was baptized a few weeks ago and it was such a sweet experience for our family. He has been looking forward to this day for a long time. Grandma and Grandpa Ashton drove down from Utah, and we also had my parents, as well as Dustin's family and my Aunt Laraine and Uncle Mark. Several friends from our ward attended also, and Rhett was very excited to have so many friends there on his special day.

Seeing Rhett and Cody all dressed in white choked me up, and Cody and I both sniffled through the opening song "Baptism". The spirit was already so strong. As Rhett was in the water, about to be baptized he looked so excited and happy. When he came out of the water he smiled the biggest smile and it was a moment that I will never forget. Later he told me that he felt The Holy Ghost very "hard" as he was baptized and recieved The Gift of The Holy Ghost.




Ethan and two of Rhett's cute friends (Madelyn Cox and Logan Lunt) sang a song. Ethan was very nervous and got the giggles but luckily pulled it together and they sounded so sweet. The Bishop gave Rhett a journal to record his feelings and thoughts after being baptized, and Rhett did that night after everyone had left.



After the baptism family came over for a lunch and it was nice visiting with everyone and hearing family stories from the past. I feel so blessed to have such strong examples in my life and for my children. I am thankful that Rhett made the choice to be baptized and be such a good example to his younger brothers. He is taking his new responsibilities very seriously and he is a good example to all of us of how sacred the promises we make are when we are baptized as well as the importance of repenting daily for the wrong choices we make.



We love you Rhett! You are very compassionate, thoughtful, and show concern for everyone you meet. He is always thinking of nice things to do for others and making sure he doesn't hurt others feelings. I am so glad he is the first boy in our family so he can be such a great example for Ethan and Kade.

3 comments:

Shel said...

Awww, that is such a special baptism story. Love it! Looks like you guys have been up to MUCH fun! Lotsa of birthdays! Happy Bday to all these boys! We need to go on a date with you and Cody asap! =)

Brittany said...

ah that made me cry! I can't say how much I love Rhett, Ethan, and Kade! Rhett is so sweet, and a good example to me too.

Locamoniqua said...

Congrats Rhett on your baptism! I'm so glad it was such a special day.