Sunday, August 23, 2009

{St.George}



Our last vacation of the summer was a trip to St. George where we stayed for 4 days for an Andersen Family Reunion. This was my Mom's side of the family, and we were reunited with cousins we hadn't seen in a long time - some in over 20 years. It was a little awkward at first, since we didn't know each other very well but all in all we had a great time and it was great to get to know that side of our family better. We drove there from Snowflake, and we stopped along the way for a picnik and let the boys run and get their wiggles out.



When we arrived in St.George we went to the temple. It is beautiful! We looked around for an hour or so and were excited when Sam and Melissa met us there too.



At the hotel Andersens started arriving so we put on our lovely matching shirts that Ashley designed. My boys really did like them, they wanted to wear them everyday (and still do...but they are lost, I wonder where they are?!?) hee hee.



Melissa & Sam, the Ashton's



Left picture from the top: Don, Diane, Linda, Jamie bottom: Grandpa and Grandma

Right picture from the left: Jamie, Linda, Diane, Don

Our family with Grandpa and Grandma



I'm not sure if this was Sam's idea or Cody's, but one of them showed the boys how much fun it is to slide off of the treadmills. I couldn't watch, I kept thinking they were going to get their fingers stuck or pulled off in some freak accident....



What is a family reunion without a trip to Chuck-a-rama? We also had fun celebrating Ashley's birthday. Melissa and Sam spent one night sleeping in our room....a night they'll never forget. Since Kade's in his own room upstairs we weren't aware until we shared a room with him that he makes a humming noise throughout the night. Hmmmmm...... It does drive you nuts and they spend the other nights in a different room ;o)







The pool was fun, we went swimming a few times a day. We ran over and visited Cody's cousin Brook and her cute family. Their girls are adorable!!

One day Sam put together a hike to a place called "The Narrows". I stayed back with Kade and hit the outlet malls and Cafe Rio. Rhett, Ethan, and Cody had a great time even if some parts were challenging and scary for the boys. They had to hike up a waterfall on a rope ladder for part of it. They said the views were amazing, hopefully next time I can go too.



All in all we had a great time, and I love all the time I get to spend with my family. We loved St. George and would love to go back and visit again soon!

ps. sorry about the *huge* pictures. I am trying to find a happy medium between too small and too big and haven't got there yet....

4 comments:

Sam and Melissa said...

That was so much fun, I miss you guys already! I don't know if I can make it until Christmas! Rhett looks so tall in that diving picture. Your kids are getting so old! Someday they'll have cousins :)

Shannon said...

Looks like lots of fun! I wanna get away and go shopping there...I heard the shops there are lots of fun! Weather looks nice too!!

Tanner Fam said...

LOVE your swimsuit!!!

Angie said...

Brooke, It's crazy how much you and your sisters look alike!