Sunday, August 9, 2009

{Snowflake}

Every July we drive North to Snowflake to celebrate Pioneer Day and go to The Flake Reunion. Rodeos, BBQ's, Parades, Fireworks, Horses, Miniature Ponies, Cousins, Kittens, Puppies, Chicks, 4-Wheeler Rides....the list goes on and on and no wonder this is my boy's favorite vacation spot!



We were lucky to stay with my uncle Jon's house and we had a great time as usual! They live next to my Grandparent's Ranch and have quite the selection when it comes to animals! My boys loved every minute, especially the fun nights of sleeping in the trailer with cousins and no parents. I was worried that they might be afraid when they heard the coyotes howling nearby but they must have been asleep by that point!


Daisy the miniature pony was the main attraction for Kade and Rhett, they loved feeding her hay.

Ethan *loved* the kittens and was holding them non-stop. There was even a snake being passed around that slithered into Jon's hubcap and wouldn't come out until he took it off.


We went to the City Park and had fun at the bounce house obstacle course and rock wall.

The parade is always fun, the kids collected lots of candy and I was happy to get my favorite treat, cotton candy :o)


Ethan and Keaton loved running into the street and getting hosed down by the firetruck as the parade came to a close.




We love Snowflake and can't wait to go back again soon!!

8 comments:

The Bluths said...

Oh man, I better not show these picture to Logan or that's all I'll hear about. He is still talking about Ethan. Today at church "can I go to Ethan's house?"

Mark and Jessica said...

Wow, what great family memories!

Michelle Ashton said...

Looks like lots of fun, but that snake is just gross!

We will have to meet up for lunch one of these times when you guys are in Snowflake. It is only a 30-45 minute drive for us.

wackywilsons said...

First of all, I am so glad Kade is doing okay...been asking Dustin about him...

And what about Ethan? How was his first day of Kinder? Wesley sure does want to see him. When things settle down...let's get them together.

I also love your collages!

wittygal said...

I love parades! What a fun time for the kiddos and a nice break from the yucky weather.

Johanna said...

Looks like alot of fun!! I'm glad that Kade is doing better:)

Tanner Fam said...

Yep, looks like a perfect place for boys.

Arianne Pearce said...

What a great time! I love those kinds of trips. What fun with all those animals! So glad Kade is doing so well. I love how big your pictures are- you need to teach me how to do that! You are looking great- as always =)