Sunday, August 23, 2009

{1st Day of School}



Summer was fun, but Rhett and Ethan were excited and ready for school to start a few weeks ago. Ethan has been looking forward to Kindergarten for a long time and finally the day came! I woke up at 4am worrying about letting him go all day, 5 days a week, along with all the other fun things moms worry about.



The boys were up before 7am, dressed at ready to go with still 2 hours left. Finally it was time to go, so we walked to school together. In the hallway Ethan saw two of his good friends, Cody and Mason. They all ran together and hugged each other in excitement!! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen, I wish I would have had my camera out to capture that moment.



First Kade and I went to Rhett's class. He has a really fun teacher, I am so excited about this year for him. He was excited to be at the same table as his friend MaClay, and also see other friends in his class too. Ethan was too impatient to wait, so when Kade and I got Rhett settled in his class Ethan went without me to his room.



Kade and I said goodbye to Rhett and went to Ethan's class where he was already settled in his chair, coloring away. His cute teacher has already done so many adorable things, including sending Ethan some fun mail before school even started!


After a few minutes it was time to go, and Kade and I walked home together. I was anxiously looking at the clock all day, so excited to pick up the boys and hear how their first day was. They came home excited about their teachers and new friends, so it looks like we are off to a great start! As for Kade and I, we are enjoying our time together and he gets to slip into the role of only child which he loves. He has had some fun playdates and friends over, but also loves to play with Mom and read books so we have a great time together. He still has 3 years left until Kindergarten so it will be fun to have that time together :o)

8 comments:

Tiffani said...

You have to be the cutest mom at that school! I can't wait for the first day of school - one more week for us! And I have to say that I'm jealous about your trip to St. George. I love that place!

Nicole said...

That is so exciting. I am in the sae situation this year with Brady. Cadence starts Kindergarten tomorrow. Brady will get to be the only child for a bit. It is bittersweet for me. Sending off my baby girl to school, but I am really looking forward to having that one on one time with Brady. Love all of the pictures and you look great as always.

Karla said...

What a cute story. I can't even imagine the kind of emotions that you feel sending your kids off to school. I better prepare myself now, b/c I know I will be a reck.:)

Hey I went private so if you want to view our blog email me at karlamichaelr13@hotmail.com

Locamoniqua said...

Your boys are so adorable! I love how excited Ethan was to go to school. I'm glad your boys have such great teachers, it makes such a big difference. Lucky Kade getting some 1 on 1 mommy time!

Shannon said...

Cute pics! I'm glad the boys are so excited about it! Lets home in High School they feel the same way!

Brook & Travis said...

Cute back to school pictures!! We'll do that next year. Halle is already wishing she could go to "real" school, not preschool. How nice that the school is close enough to walk to. I bet Kade loves having you all to himself! How is he doing lately? I hope well!

Tanner Fam said...

They are getting so big..and you only get more beautiful.

wackywilsons said...

What cute pics! You are a hot mama at school for sure! Great dress and hair piece:)