Wednesday, May 13, 2009

{Mother's Day}


I hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day...Cody and my boys spoiled me and now I am feeling the pressure to make Father's Day just as great :o). On Sunday Rhett asked me "When is Kid's Day?" I told him that everyday is Kid's Day! They always get their meals prepared for them, snacks on demand, playtime with friends, etc!

My kids love all holidays..and so they were excited for Mother's Day since the week before. Ethan came home from preschool Thursday with a little present he had wrapped for me at school, and he ran upstairs to hide it until Sunday. Saturday the kids wanted to make me breakfast, so they sent me upstairs to wait for my surprise. I heard them rummaging around downstairs, so excited to cut something with a knife....good thing it was a butter knife and they decided that Rhett should do it since he was the oldest. When they brought me my plate they were so proud....oh I love these moments!! (it was blackberries, apples, and cheese).



Sunday morning Cody was able to stay home since they didn't have meetings at it was so nice to have him there to help get the kids ready. He made us a yummy breakfast. After church we went over to my parent's house for dinner prepared by my sisters....it was so nice.
I fell so lucky to be a mother to my three sweet boys. They have so much energy, enthusiasm, excitement....every day with them brings something new to laugh about. They keep me on my toes for sure, but I love them so much and feel so lucky to have the life that I do with Cody. Who would have thought that this girl from a family with 5 girls would be a mother to all boys and love it like I do.... Don't get me wrong I have my hard days, my moments when I call Cody in tears because I feel like I am failing as a mother, or am so tired of the fighting or teasing - but all in all they are amazing children and I feel blessed to be their mother.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

You are such a great Mom, Brooke! I'm glad you were treated so well... you deserved every second of it!

Mandy said...

Your family is so lucky!! You are a great person and you deserved a great day!

Lori said...

Ha! My oldest asked the same question. "When is kids day?" I told him the EXACT same thing. "Everyday is kids day."
I'm glad you had a happy mothers day!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you had a nice day! You are a wonderful mother, wife and friend!

Shelby said...

You do have very sweet and thoughtful boys. You are the best mommy and I admire you in many ways!

Nicole said...

Brooke- You are an amazing mom and since I met you, I have always admired you in a number of ways. You always look so cute too..how do you always pull that off? Love the skirt you are wearing in the picture with the boys. I am so glad they made your day special! Bummed we missed eachother while I was in AZ. Maybe next time.

Sam and Melissa said...

You do so much Brooke... maybe I'm just not having kids because I will never be able to live up to the standard you set :) You and Cody do a great job with those boys.

R A C H A E L said...

You are a great mom! And you look amazing while you're at it!

Jenna said...

I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day, you deserve! You are such a great example to all of us, and a wonderful mother to your amazing boys!