Monday, May 25, 2009

{Baseball Stars}

Our Baseball season ended a couple of weeks ago....just in time because it was getting hot at the games :o). The boys had so much fun, and we loved coming to all their games and practices and cheering them on!


This was Ethan's first year playing and he had a fun team with lots of kids from our ward. He improved a lot and loved playing first base. His last game was held at the Spring Training Stadium and his picture flashed across the big screen several times. Pretty cool!


Rhett also improved a lot and his favorite moment was when he got someone out at first base. He had a very competitive team and coach, which worried me at first but it ended up being a great thing and pushed him to do his very best. We are so proud of him!

Both boys received medals which they wore to bed that night and are very proud of. As soon as their uniform shirts are washed that's what they want to wear. Ethan wears his pants and socks too....they are both sad that the season ended. They are excited for the next sport though....swim lessons start in a couple of weeks. Hello summer here we come!! I bought pool passes this summer and we have already spent a couple days there, with many more to come I'm sure! I'm tempted to take my camera there and do a "Do's and Don'ts" post about what you should and shouldn't wear to the pool. Yikes there are some crazy (and confident) people out there!

I'm adding one more picture of Ethan...he played basketball in the spring and loved it. I laugh when I see this picture because he was so insistent on combing his own hair. He used a lot of gel and combed it straight forward :o).



PS I am finishing the recipes tonight and will be e-mailing them out! Thanks to everyone who participated, I'm sure you'll love the good ones everyone contributed!

6 comments:

Claire said...

Your boys are so cute!! I'm excited to get a copy of the recipes... I'm greatly in need of some new ideas when it comes to cooking! :D

Shannon said...

Look how cute your boys are! Love it!

Locamoniqua said...

Sounds like your boys had a lot of fun! I'm glad you are doing well.

Tiffani said...

You guys are so busy! I love the cute pics (especially with the gel-combed hair :) And thanks again for the recipes!

wittygal said...

I love little boys in uniform, they always look so proud. Busy doing good things, just busy doing good things.

Tanner Fam said...

Rhett looks so grown up with his permanent teeth!! I couldn't help but think of when they are older and still in sports, all the stinky laundry you will be doing!! Luckily, they have a wonderful mother.