Wednesday, March 4, 2009

{Happy Birthday Melissa!}

Today is my sister Melissa's Birthday....she is far away in Utah but I thought it would be fun to tell some fun facts about her and share some old pictures.
I am the oldest and Melissa is almost 4 years younger than me.
Melissa is one of the sweetest, thoughtful, giving people you will meet. She reminds me of my Mom. She is a great cook, everytime I call her she is baking something.
I am sure I was very bossy to her, as this picture from a Thanksgiving play shows!
Melissa was such a cute child....the biggest smile and pretty blond hair. She and I loved to wear swimsuits all day long and perform dances.

She had a chicken she named Charles Barkley (when the Suns were in the playoffs) and even made him a jersey. Channel 12 came out and did a segment on it and she was on the news.

She was obsessed with American Girl dolls.

Not as obsessed as she was with T-Shirts with sayings though....we still tease her about them. This one says "RELAX. There's a girl in charge". I remember every time she would get mad about something we'd tell her "Melissa, just relax. There's a girl in charge" and she would get SO mad.

She also had a love for big scrunchies, high water pants, and socks with Birkenstocks. She has kicked all those habits except for the SOCKS with SHOES one.

Melissa has always been a fabulous runner, she has won so many races. She ran for 4 years on BYU-Hawaii's cross country team and I got to watch her run once in California. She still runs races just for fun in Utah and she will win them and just go to her car instead of getting her award because she is embarrassed.

While at school in Hawaii she met a fantastic guy, Sam, and she wrote him for two years while he served in Brazil. They married almost 2 years ago and live in Ogden where she works at a school running a physical fitness program and he is almost done with a Business Degree at Weber State. They are so happy, smart, grounded, and have so much fun together. I miss her tons and hope she moves a little closer when Sam's done with school. LOVE you Melissa!!


7 comments:

Sam and Melissa said...

Brooke, Thank you so much! Reading that makes me want to pack up and move back to AZ tonight! I miss you and doing stuff with you tons. You are such a great sister. I don't know how you do everything that you do. Talk to you soon, Melissa

Brianne said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!!! She is so well accomplished and beautiful! She is so lucky to have a great sister who really apprciates and loves her :)

Mandy said...

Thank goodness for sisters! Hey, I have been meaning to get a hold of you but I don't have your number or email. I am stopping hair at the end of this month, the 26th for awhile and thought I would let you know.

R A C H A E L said...

I remember that shirt!!

Melissa is such a great cousin. I miss our summer exchange that we always did. Those pictures make me laugh!

Tiffani said...

I just love you Brooke. Reading that tribute to your sis makes me want to meet her and become her friend. What a great bond the two of you have!

I've just been getting caught up on your blog. I loved your post on the Bachelor. I didn't watch this season but I'm kinda glad I couldn't after all the drama. Ahhh, reality TV!

Also, Happy Birthday to your little man Ethan! He is such a cute little boy and it sounds like you made his day extra special...no surprise there. What a great mommy you are! I so wished we lived close.

leslie s said...

What a sweet gift to give your sister on her birthday!!! It was fun to see your pictures growing up too!! Reminds me of me and my sister! So cute!

Hutchinson said...

Sisters are the best. In that picture she and her husband really resemble you and Cody in looks. Hope you and your family are doing great!Love you.