Sunday, March 15, 2009

{1st Grade Field Trip}

Rhett's 1st grade class planned a field trip to the Wildlife World Zoo, and thanks to my sweet sister Brittany watching my younger two I was able to go. It meant a lot to Rhett that I was there, he kept suggesting friends of mine to watch Ethan and Kade. I am trying to cherish these times when *Mom* is still cool and he wants me by his side for special trips!
There is a new aquarium in the zoo, and the highlight was touching the stingrays. These ones were quite aggressive (more so than the ones at Sea World) and they would swim up to you and stick their heads out of the water. We spent a lot of time by their tank.

The petting zoo is always a hit :o). There were some cute baby goats and deer.



Rhett's favorite part was when he got to feed the giraffe.


I was only in charge of Rhett and a cute girl from his class. When I introduced myself she told me "I'm Rhett's favorite girl in all of first grade". Rhett just smiled and then looked away bashfully. I didn't have the heart to tell her he had never mentioned her?!? I think the girls like Rhett because he is so soft spoken and shy. It was a great day......


4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Your little Rhett is a lady's man! Field trips are so much fun. And I can believe you can wear shorts in March. Only in AZ I guess!

Claire said...

I've really been wanting to go to the Wildlife Zoo... awesome pictures. It looks like a really fun place. I'll have to make it a priority to get there before the weather becomes unbearable!

Mama Apes... said...

Wow another zoo trip so much fun! We all can never get enough zoo time in right?? And that aqquarium looks so neat Rhett..We can't wait to go!

wittygal said...

Looks like a fun trip. You will have to tell me if the zoo is worth the big bucks.