Sunday, February 1, 2009

{Visitors}

This weekend we were lucky enough to have Cody's parents (Gene and Cassie) and his grandparents (Jean and Ivan) come for a visit! His parents live in Logan, UT and his grandparents are from Lyman, WY.





They arrived Thursday night and we had dinner with Gene and Cassie. Then Dustin, April, & family as well and Gma and Gpa Bluemel came over for Cody's famous Mint Chocolate Chip shakes. The adults talked late into the night while the kids all played upstairs, mainly on the Wii :o). We loved hearing Grandma and Grandpa Bluemel tell us about their childhood and what life what like when they were newlyweds.

Hearing about how hard they worked, and what little they had makes me feel guilty for all that I have. They are such sweet, giving people and we enjoyed every minute spent with them!!

Friday night the adults all went to dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant. We got lots of different dishes to share and had a good time. Dustin was dared to eat 1/2 of a hot pepper....



Saturday they came to Ethan's basketball game and then later we went to a park and had a picnic. After that we toured some beautiful model homes and just about had Grandma and Grandpa B convinced that they should buy a home here for winter visits!! It was a fabulous visit and we are so glad they made the long drive down to AZ!

They headed back this morning before we left for church. I want to add a proud mommy moment..this morning in Sacrament Meeting Ethan went up and bore his testimony all by himself :o). It made us so proud and he had the biggest smile on his face when he walked down the aisle towards us. Moments like that make all the FHE lessons and family scripture stories at night seem worthwhile!!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend... XOXO - Brooke

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww what a wonderful visit!! I'm glad you guys had a good time!! Those shakes sound yummy too!!!

I thought I head little Ethan up there!! I was in the mothers room feeding Gavin and was trying to match voices up with names! So cute and for him to have done that he must have learned that from you and Cody! What great examples! Good job mama! You should be proud! They are great kids!
xoxo

Tiffani said...

How great to have grandparents come and visit. Family is really the best! I'm so jealous that you get to go to the park and on picnics in February...only in AZ! I think I want a winter home there as well!
And good job Ethan! That is definitely a proud mommy moment.

Brianne said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! So sweet about Ethan and his testimony. Way to go mom and dad! Also does Cody know Trevor Casey from WY? Also thanks a lot for addicting me to the Bachelor!!! :)

DM said...

I can't believe Ethan went up to bear his testimony all by himself! That is so brave. I love when kids do that. Having family in town is always fun too...especially for the super bowl! Too bad they didn't win..

Jenna said...

I'm glad you had a great visit. And Ethan is so great!

Ashlee said...

How fun to have Cassie and Gene and Gram and Gramp come!! Looks like you had a great time! Ethan is growing up, I bet you were so proud. You are a great mom!

Hutchinson said...

Looks like you had a great time with Grandmas and Grandpas. So fun.
I remember being so proud of Emma the first time she did this but I must admit I was a little nervous because I had no idea what she would say. She did great as I'm sure did Ethan. It can be really scary.