Sunday, February 15, 2009

{The Latest}

I love holidays...and Valentine's Day is no exception! Holidays are so fun to celebrate with young children....I love the traditions and acts of kindness we can incorporate into the week before Valentine's Day!

We made sugar cookies, and although I usually bake and cook without my children's help, I let them help this time! It resulted in abnormally shaped hearts and not the best cookies - but they loved every minute and I had fun watching them cook. They loved running the cookies to neighbors and shouting "Happy Valentine's Day!".


The weather has been a little cooler, but we still play outside riding bikes almost every day. We live across the street from a park, so Rhett and Ethan ride over there while Kade rides his bike by me on the driveway. The big boys are still in eyesight, but feel like they are on their own over at the park :o).


This is a picture I took to document what Kade is doing to me whenever I am taking pictures:



"I wanna do it! I take picture! PLEASE!" he begs....so I relent and this is his Kodak moment:


Funny, huh?
Rhett and Ethan had fun Valentine's Day parties at school. Rhett and I made this Darth Vader box for his Valentines.


Rhett and Ethan both wanted to make some special Valentines for Grandma and Grandpa Flake, and I thought their drawings were cute (especially the girl's hair)
Rhett's:


Ethan's:


I hope everyone had a nice week as well :o)
XOXO
Brooke

10 comments:

Tiffani said...

Those Valentines are priceless. Ethan does a great job writing his letters for as young as he is! Your boys are so adorable!

Michelle Ashton said...

Brycelyn made our valentine cookies this year. They were a little dry, but frosting fixed that. :) She loves to cook and I wasn't feeling well when Quinn requested some. So she quickly took over. :)

Tara said...

So cute. Gotta love these moments :)

Shelby said...

I love Kade's photography skills! And rhetts drawing of Ally :) I'm glad you had a good v-day, my kids loved the valentines!

Locamoniqua said...

So fun! You gotta love when your kids help you cook. What a great mom you are to your boys!

Sam and Melissa said...

My card must be lost in the mail it still hasn't come, Just like the one I sent you must be lost too :) Ethan's expressions always crack me up, even in pictures you can tell he's always up to something.

wittygal said...

Ethan told us all about taking cookies to the neighbors today at school. What a great idea! I mean you have to share the love, right?

Jesmyluk said...

I love Kade's photography! What a sweetie pie!! Glad you all had a fun Valentine's Day!

nora.lakehurst said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Brooke its me Karla from JJ. HOW ARE YOU!!! Wow your family is adorable and you still look great. Anyways you so gotta come see me on my blog. I found you on Teresa's blog. WOW how are you? how is life? Where are you? Well anyways TTYL

Mark and Jessica said...

I just have to say the hearts on the Darth Vader Valentine's box seem a bit excessive for Darth Vader :)

Those Valentine's the boys made are super cute - funny how kids see things sometimes.

Thanks for sharing your day!