Sunday, October 19, 2008

{Birthday Boys}


October 2nd was Kade's 2nd Birthday!! In some ways it has flown by - but in other ways is seems so strange to remember life without him!! We love Kade so, so much and had fun spoiling him on his birthday. He woke up to Rhett and Ethan singing to him by his crib. They treated him extra special all day and he loved all the extra attention!!

His favorite toy was this car station with ramps and an elevator. He plays with it everyday now. He was unsure about opening his presents, he let his brothers do it for him and they happily obliged!

Then the Flakes came over and Aunt Ally brought him his favorite present of all....a balloon. I love how easy they are to please at this age! He proudly walks around saying "Birthday Balloon! From Ally!" It's still floating...17 days later!



We are not big cake-eaters around here so I made an ice cream pie. He was pretty excited to blow out those candles!



I have been reflecting on Kade and the joy he brings to our house. I watched his birth video that my Aunt Laraine made for me. I wish so badly I had one for my other two boys - it is the most amazing video and brings me to tears everytime I watch it. He was such an easy birth and recovery...as most second and third births are. I chose to stay in the hospital 2 full days after he was born - usually I rush home but this time I wanted to be able to just enjoy my newborn with some peace before I was surrounded by the wants and needs of my other two boys. I just held and loved on Kade for all that time and it was just the best!! Maybe that's why he was spoiled after that??

Kade has been my hardest baby for sure! He slept fine - but he was quite demanding and had the highest pitch scream that would rattle me to the bone!! I am so happy to say that ever since he started talking it has been like night and day of a difference. He is in the cutest stage right now. Things I love about Kade...

*huge brown eyes with the longest lashes *how he says "tank you" everytime you give him something or do something for him *his strong hugs that he so passionately gives you *wet kisses *how he runs to me so fast yelling "mama!" when I come back from somewhere *his love and adoration for his big brothers *his prayers at mealtime in his serious voice *how he'll say AMEN! in the middle of a long prayer, when he thinks it should be done *how he brings the boys their shoes each morning without them asking *he is Rhett's biggest fan at soccer, yelling "go Rhett!" the entire game *how much he loves talking on the phone, especially to Daddy *his independent streak *he's a monkey and a daredevil, just like Ethan....I could go on and on...we love you Kade!

Now on to the next birthday boy....Cody turned 31 on October 7th. The boys worked so hard making him cards for his birthday. They also went to the store with me and picked out his favorite treats.


We all got up early to be with him before he heads off to work at 6am!



I have said this so many times, but I feel so lucky and blessed to have married this man. I was so young, barely 20 when we married and though I knew it was right, I had no idea how great of a man he was. He is one of the hardest working men I know - and so very ambitious. He shoots for the stars, and then goes after them with passion. He has gone through a lot of job changes, always moving up to bigger and better things. The last three jobs he moved on from still e-mail him, wanting him to come back to work for them. He is just a genuine, honest, hard worker and I'm sure that's hard to fine.

He is such an amazing father and example to his 3 little boys of what a man should be and how he should treat his wife. He puts us first, no matter what. I try hard to support him, especially with this challenging new career which after the long run should be so worth it! We try to always have a good meal waiting for him and a clean house to come home to (even if that means running around cleaning 10 minutes before he gets home!!). Love you hon and look forward to many more birthdays to come!!

20 comments:

Shel said...

Happy Birthday to these boys in your house! Chad will be sad he didnt realize it was Cody's bday. You do have a Fabulous husband. Chad has often filled me in on how he is still so wanted there at work...he should feel so proud of himself for that!! And your Kade...I love to read about him. What a sweetheart...all of your boys are. I think I could just be a fly on the wall in your house and enjoy listening to them!! They must have some phenomenal mom!! No doubts there!

Tiffani said...

What a great post Brooke. Your little guys are so cute. That really says a lot that Cody's past employers still contact him. What a good guy.

The Bluths said...

Happy Golden Birthday Kade!

Just so you know Brooke, we did a spotlight on you in Relief Society. Turns out someone thinks you're pretty special too :) I'll have to get you your treat next Sunday since you weren't here.

Brittany said...

good post brooke! I love little kade! I am also glad you married someone who is so great and treats you so good.

Becca said...

What a sweet post! Kade is adorable, he needs to come play so I can hear him talk!

Brianne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your little Kade is so adorable. I hope to have a boy someday. :)

Shannon said...

Way cute!! I can't wait to hear Kade talk! Happy Bday to your boys!

Shannon said...

Oh and I'm proud to say I guessed you as the spotlight after two clues! I knew as soon as they said your birthday!! hehehe

R A C H A E L said...

Happy Birthday Boys!! I didn't know Damon was older than Cody!? Huh! You are such a good mom, Brooke. What fun birthdays you have there! We miss you guys!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday Kade! That was a sweet tribute to your husband also. He is a great guy, but I think your quite a catch also :)

Kylee said...

I can't believe your baby is 2! It goes by so fast. I remember when you were pregnant with him! He's so cute. I love it when they start talking.

larainydays said...

Brooke, I loved reading about Kade and Cody. I will never forget being there for Kade's birth-- it was such an honor. You have a great bunch of boys (including that handsome boyish husband of yours.)

Tara said...

It's scary how fast they grow. My oldest will be 12 in April! Where did the time go? Love the cute pics.

Brook & Travis said...

Happy Birthday to Kade and Cody! Time goes by so fast! You have a very cute family and awesome husband. It seems like we haven't seen you guys forever. I miss seeing all my Ashton cousins! Glad we can keep in touch a little this way! Tell Cody hello.

Tanner Fam said...

Kade has the best smile! You are such a great family, with great genes.

Hutchinson said...

Oh I love you guys. What fun birthdays. Kade is so cute I wish I could meet the little guy!

Mandy said...

Your boys are just way too cute!

Ashlee said...

Happy birthday you two! I love that last picture of the boys chillin' with their daddy!!! I love birthdays and love to make a big deal out of them, like you! Kade is such a cutie! Him and Gavin would have so much fun together!

Mama Apes... said...

H-A-P-P-Y B-R-I-T-H-D-A-Y...TO YOU TWO! Sounds like you all had a great time! We hope to see ya all soon!

Mama Apes... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.