Thursday, December 20, 2007

{Typical Day}


I took a few pics of the kids today, and this funny video of Ethan making Kade laugh. He is ppitting a piece of cheese onto Kade's tray and it is making Kade giggle over and over. Gross yet funny!



Here is Ethan showing his latest and greatest idea. He came up to me and said "My got an idea Mom. Why don't you move the house (playhouse) over by the trampoline and I will jump of the roof and look like a ninja turtle. It's the greatest plan ever!" All his ideas are the greatest ever according to him. So here is the pre-broken leg picture. He didn't break it this time but I am sure some injury is bound to happen because he bounces so high. Daddy thinks it's okay though, against my better judgment.



I went to share a yummy recipe I made this week. It's from the Favorites cookbook my friend Candace introduced me to, I get lots of good recipes from it and you can get it here: http://www.makeawishutah.org/giving/cookbooks.html


This is one of my favorites, it's so yummy.


BBQ Chicken Chop Salad
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts1 cup barbeque sauce
Marinate chicken in barbeque sauce, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Chop into pieces and refrigerate.



½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped½ head Romaine lettuce, chopped 3 to 4 Roma tomatoes, ½ cup cilantro, chopped1 (15-once) can black beans, rinsed and drained1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed, ½ pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated, avacado, diced.



Combine chicken in a large salad bowl with salad ingredients and toss. Serve with ranch dressing, additional barbeque sauce and crispy corn tortilla chips. Be sure and use good ranch with this (made from Hidden Valley mix) and not just bottled. There's a big difference in taste.


Here's a pic before dresing is added.... Enjoy!

5 comments:

Shel said...

MMMMM...yummy! My favorite cookbook too!! The Bookclub Chicken Salad in it is to die for too, the dressing you make with that one is my favorite!! But now I MUST make this one you posted!!

Angie said...

My mother-in-law gave me that cookbook about 5 years ago. It's BY FAR my favorite cookbook. I have often wanted to purchase it for a friends or sisters, I didn't know where to find it. I'm so glad you posted this:) You made my day! I love the BBQ pulled pork, and flank steak, and rolo cookies, and.....all of it.

Becca said...

I'm sure my Cody will be thrilled at the new "adventure" that Ethan has cooked up this time! Now it's going to be even harder for me to get him to leave your house....thanks a lot! I guess I definately need to get this cookbook! Merry Christmas!!

Tiffani said...

I can't wait to try out that salad. I love yummy salads like that! Your little Ethan is stinkin' hilarious. I get the biggest kick out of all of his antics. It looks like you guys have a really fun backyard. And by the way...I loved your Christmas card. That was such a cute picture of your family!

Brook & Travis said...

I loved the video, what a cute laugh Kade has! I'm jealous of your big backyard, ours is SO tiny! Ethan has a lot of energy, as do most little boys I know! What a cutie pie! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it! I love anything to do with food, I may just have to get that cookbook. (As if I don't have too many already :) Can't wait to hear about Christmas!