Saturday, December 8, 2007

{Week in Review}

Well folks, the Christmas tree has just been up a little while and already the bottom looks all freaky. I am having some guilty feelings when I look at it also, none of the crafty little things my kids make are displayed on it. We helped my parents put up their tree last Sunday and my mom has always had a tree with a million mismatched handmade ornaments. Very sentimental and fun to put up and remember back when. Cody especially loves it, and I agree it is not pretty but it is more sentimental and Christmasy. My tree is all fancy-smancy and not too kid-friendly. I am not the sweet, patient mom that allows her children to hang ornaments as they wished...crooked, 3 together, upside down...no I let them hang one or two through gritted teeth then send them away while I finish. Not good! I need to work on that.

A few days ago I was putting make-up on in the bathroom and Ethan came in saying "Sorry Mom." Okay Ethan, what did you do? "I broke a ball". So he leads me to the tile in the doorway by our front door, and an ornament is broken. "I was just checking to see if it was glass, sorry Mom. It is glass." He says. "Yes Ethan, they are all glass, no more checking!!" I told him. What a stinker.

On Friday Ethan and I went to have lunch with Rhett at his school. He was so, so excited and proud to have us there, he kept giving me hugs and telling me he loved me. It was making me and his teacher all teary eyed. I keep thinking I need to appreciate all these little moments because when he is older it won't be so cool to have mom sitting by him at lunch. During lunch I noticed Ethan all hunched over eating chips. Did I pack chips in his lunch? No! I realized he had snuck them from the girl sitting next to him. Little turkey! When we got home I asked him where he got the chips. "Well Mom, I waited until the girl looked the other way and then I grabbed some chips from her bag!" He proudly told me. He is a little sneak for sure, we have to keep all our food locked up out of his reach.

Friday night all three kids went for a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Flakes!! They were so excited, but not as excited as Cody and I! Cody and I went to a surprise birthday party in Mesa with a super funny White Elephant Party. Then Saturday we went to a movie (Dan in Real Life), went to lunch, and then shopped for Christmas presents. What a fun and relaxing day! It was fun to be back with the kids tonight, even though it was just a day we missed them lots (just not Kade's scream). Well that's the latest in our little house, hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I laugh out loud whenever I read your blog, and then I make Derek read it too. Your boys are so stinkin funny! And I love your honesty about your tree. I wish my tree was all pretty...

R A C H A E L said...

I love Ethan!! Your boys are so sweet. I hope Liam tells me he loves me at school! I am the same way with our tree. I like it to look like it came out of the pottery barn catalog. My solution was to get zoey a mini tree for her room that she decorates with shatterproof onraments. Gald to know I'm not the only tree snob out there.