Saturday, November 17, 2007

{Thanksgiving Play}


On Thursday the Kindergarten classes all put on the cutest Kindergarten program with songs and lots of "group" parts. Rhett was a preacher, and his group got to say "Praise the Lord!" With their hands raised high a few times. It was a cute play, and Rhett was loving the attention. I will put a video on the bottom of this post with a part of one of the songs they sang. In the picture below, Rhett is in the front row, on the left. It's hard to see, my camera is a piece of junk! I want a new one but I am having a hard time buying one because I know if I wait 6 months there will be a newer, better, cheaper one!


Well, nothing else really exciting to write, except a couple "Ethanisms"
Friday I wanted to jump in the shower so I told Ethan he was Kade's babysitter. I gave him a whistle and told him to only blow it if Kade was in trouble and needed Mommy. So of course I'm in the middle of the shower and what do I hear...the whistle. I hesitated, knowing it's probably nothing but got out, ran out in the living room with my towel and dripping hair. Ethan was trying to put Kade on the stairs (time out spot). Ethan said "Mom! Kade won't stay in time out and he's saying potty words!" Kade was saying "Aaaapoo poo. Aaaapoo poo." Funny.
This morning we were getting ready to go watch my sister Ally's soccer game. Ethan had his cheap 25 cent sunglasses on and Rhett had his on, but one of the lenses had popped out. Rhett was upset, saying "I can't wear sunglasses broken like this! They will make me go crazy!" Ethan matter of factly said "Rhett, my have an idea. Just keep one eye closed." He always says my instead of I.
A few weeks ago he was burping at my mom's house and she told him to stop. He said seriously "Okay Grandma. My try to stop the burps.". It's funny. He is always coming up with "the perfect plan" as he tells us. It usually involves treats and going to parks.
Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to try a chicken wing. "Mom! If we eat a chicken's wings, how will he fly?" Then a few days ago he noticed a butterfly dead on our windshield. "Why did that butterfly crash into our window? Was he just a crazy flyer? Now his momma is going to be flying all over looking for her". Funny boy.
Well I am going to bed. I have been doing a million loads of laundry getting ready for out trip to Utah and I am tired! Hope everyone's doing well....

3 comments:

Becca said...

Brooke, I love reading reading those funny things Ethan says! And I love to hear him say my instead of I......it cracks me up. Rhett did so good in his play! I loved seeing him with that trying not to smile look, it was great. Happy Thanksgiving, and have fun in Utah!

Tiffani said...

Kids are so stinkin hilarious. It's great that we have these blogs to write (type) them down so that we don't forget them. When they're crazy teenagers we'll probably long for all of that sweet innocence! Are you guys going to see Cody's fam? Happy Thanksgiving!

Brook & Travis said...

Rhett is cute as a pilgrim:) What a funny boy Ethan is!! I love all the stories. We are in Lyman until Sunday, wish you were all here. It seems weird that Cassie and Gene are gone now. Please tell everyone hello and have fun!!