Sunday, November 4, 2007

{Back to the 80's}


Yikes! I hesitate to post these pictures, I look so weird in them!! The party was fun, people were so creative dressing as Madonna, Karate Kid, Aerobics Instructors, etc. I sported the largest shoulder pads ever, I felt like a linebacker.




Here's our lovely hostesses, Cristen was a hot Madonna and her hubby was Karate Kid.


Here's Kathy and I (are you loving the bangs and Kathy's side pony with crimped hair?) - with our neighbors Steve and Michelle.


I am soooo glad to have Cody back, he was in New Orleans for work. The boys missed him lots too, they need their Daddy to play rough with them and I just can't do that! Saturday we did the family picture thing. I am curious to see how they turned out, Kade can't stand to be held and so he was squirming and crying almost the whole time. Has anyone else had a baby like this? He does not like to be held, at all!! Ever since he was big enough to hold his own bottle he wanted to be laying by himself. Now he can't even sit still to drink it, I have to strap him in his highchair otherwise he's rolling all over the ground, spilling all over. He is just so active, and church is just 3 hours in the hall. It's exhausting!

I am a girl, all concerned with details, so I worried over outfit choices for days!! It drove Cody crazy. They must not be matchy matchy, but match, you know?? Hee Hee. So I went with blues, brown, and white. Ethan was in tears over his button up shirt with a collar "I look funny!!!". Cody and I joke that Rhett is all my boy - he loves dressing preppy with collars and button up shirts...and Ethan is all Cody, rough and tumble and loves t-shirts and workout shorts. I have a feeling Kade is leaning toward Cody's team.

The other thing I'm worried about with the family pictures is....Cody's pants. Those that know Cody well know that he HATES buying clothes. And when he buys them, they must be dirt cheap. I have been trying to get him to buy just ONE pair of new jeans, but he has resisted. And so when we were taking pictures, I noticed that his pants go all highwater when he sits down, revealing bright white socks and even a little bit of leg. Oh boy. So I am curious to see how that all plays out. I get to pick up the disc Tuesday....do I have you all intrigued?

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh man... I've been waiting for these pictures all weekend! YOU look awesome! Love the dress, the bangs and especially the SHOULDER PADS! I want to have an 80's party! Too bad Cody missed that...hee hee! I bet your pictures turned out great! That cracks me up about Cody's high water pants! Funny boys! Oh...Gavin sounds exactly like Kade. He does NOT like to be contained and yes, we are mostly out in the halls with Gavin during church too! But they are such joys, aren't they!

Candace said...

Your pictures made me even more homesick than I already am. It was fun seeing everyone dressed up...I almost didn't recognize Jennie.

Brook & Travis said...

Those pictures bring back memories from my childhood and my mom wearing shoulder pads!! SO FUNNY! What a fun idea for a party. You crack me up Brooke talking about Cody's clothes! Good luck with that one... Someone has to stress over the pictures and it's always the mom! Please share when you get them!

The Bluths said...

Your pictures came out way better than mine, and yes I am intrigued by your family pictures!

Tiffani said...

I can't wait to show this post to Derek. He is going to get such a kick out of Cody's fashion choices. I love that your boys have such different taste too. Whenever I put a button up shirt on Payton he asks me if we're going to church. And love love love the 80's pics. What a fun party.

Teresa said...

Well, what can I say...I have to strap Jakob down just to eat or he is all over. He has more energy than I have patience for....
I use to think he would grow out of it, now I just deal with it or get really frustrated