Saturday, May 29, 2010

{Field Trips to the ZOO}



Spring was filled with field trips and I was able to go with Kade and his class to The Wildlife Zoo and with Ethan and his class to The Phoenix Zoo. There is nothing like going with little ones to the zoo, I love to see their excitement at getting close to the animals they only see on TV or in books! Kade especially loved the sting rays that he got to pet in the aquarium. Of course the merry-go-round was also a hit! The weather was so funky, from chilly to sunny - back to cold and then it hailed. That added to the fun and we had a great day that we spent with lots of friends from other preschool classes too.





Next I went with Ethan and his class to The Phoenix Zoo. I was able to ride on the bus the hour there and back and boy was that an experience! Lots of loud excited kids on the way there, and tired and sleepy kids on the way back. Add to that one child and parent left behind, with the bus having to turn around and go back to get them and you have the full experience.



Ethan's favorite animals were the monkeys and elephants. It was fun to be able to share his first field trip with him :o)

6 comments:

Locamoniqua said...

How fun that you could go on all the field trips! I didn't know Kade was in preschool!

Jenna said...

THe zoo never gets old, I love it!

Sam and Melissa said...

The boys are looking so big! Can't wait to visit this summer. I'm glad it wasn't you and Ethan left behind :)

Unknown said...

Brooke you are such a fun mom. I love all those pictures at the zoo.

Jennie said...

Great pics! I'm so glad you're always prepared with your camera. You continue to save me!!

wackywilsons said...

There's something about zoos that are so fun! Being so close to "nature" really is so enjoyable...even if the animals are caged up.