Wednesday, January 20, 2010

{Thanksgiving}

Can we say a little behind on the blogging? Hee Hee. I want to turn my blog into a few books in the near future...so bear with me as I catch up!

It was our turn to go up to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with the Ashton Family, so we decided to make a few extra stops to see friends, family, and Moab.

The first day we drove to Moab, and stayed the night in a hotel. We had fun going out for pizza and good old Hogi Yogi. That night we swam in the indoor pool where the water was not as warm as one would think!! Of course the boys didn't let that stop them and had a great time.



The next morning we packed up and drove a few miles to Arches National Park. I was very impressed! I wish we could have spent more time hiking and enjoying the breathtaking rock formations. We went on a little hike a mile or so which led us to a nice view of the Delicate Arch. We hiked back, drove around a bit, and then jumped back in the car.



We stopped in Farmington to visit with Paul and Amanda, and their cute kids. Cody and Paul worked together when Cody was in college, for Powerschool (Apple). They had a zipline in their backyard and Ethan and Kade loved it!



Next we drove around Ogden and Layton, showing the boys the houses and apartment we lived in when we were first married. The first house we rented part of the top, and Cody and Lindsay rented the basement. There are lots of fun memories of searching for jobs with Lindsay, having each other over for dinner, and lots of great times together. Next we lived in an apartment, that has lots of memories because that was where we brought Rhett home when he was born. After that we were lucky to rent a home in Layton from Cody's Uncle Thomas. Seeing that house brings back lots of memories: the cherry tree in the backyard, a great ward, dinners with Uncle Thomas, and lots of great times.



That night we stayed at my sister Melissa and her husband Sam's home in Ogden. My sister Brittany was also in town from BYU-I so it was fun to be together and catch up. Melissa is such a great cook, she made us homemade pizza and yummy salad, then dessert and a great breakfast in the morning. The picture below is not fair, I'm the only one with makeup, but it's the only picture I had of our visit with them so I had to post it! They were nice and let me use the bathroom since we wanted to get an early start on our way to Logan.



The next few days we stayed in Logan at Teri and Jace's home. It was fun to be surrounded by their sweet kids and gave Cody and I so much respect to see what it takes for Teri to cook and take care of her nine children! The kids all help out a lot, and they were so sweet to Rhett, Ethan, and Kade.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious, we had it at Gene and Cassie's beautiful home. Yum!! If you know me, you know I love good food, and Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals. I don't care about the pie, but love everything else! I guess I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl.



There wasn't very much snow during our trip, but there was some on the ground so the boys got to use their snow clothes a little bit and had snowball fights in the backyard. I think we'll need to go to Flagstaff this winter to get a little more of a snow fix this winter!!



There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping child :o)



The Ferguson kids are great wrestlers, so they shared some tips with the younger cousins....



The best part of the trip was lots of cousin time! I love all the fun cousins my kids have to play with!



The rest of the trip was filled with games, shopping, good food, memories, laughing, movies, and so much fun. We stayed the last night with Boyd and Mona. It was a great trip and made lots of great new memories.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

THat looks like a blast! And I haven't eaten Hogi Yogi in years--yum!