Thursday, March 6, 2008

{He's 4!}

If you've been around Ethan this last week then you've heard him proudly proclaim "I'm 4!" with his fingers in place. He is so excited to be four!! He had a fun birthday last Sunday. Highlights include: *being sung to in Primary *sugar cereal for breakfast *no nap *Grandma, Ally, & Brittany coming for dinner (spaghetti, his favorite) and birthday ice cream pie *fun presents like 2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a frisbee, legos, and a remote controlled truck.


We had to take a family picture in our normal spot...


Aunt Ally (12), Brittany (17), and Grandma Flake came to par-tay :o)


On Monday Ethan's party was at an indoor play place new here in Surprise with big blow up bouncers and slides. I took a million pictures, intending to send them to the parents in thank you cards. I got home, downloaded them, and they are all CRAP. My camera is so junky. It weighs like 10 pounds and it takes horrible pictures. So if anyone wants to give me a new one I'll be their best friend. Promise. Here are the better of the blurry pics.

Mallory (who gave Ethan a birthday kiss...woo hoo!) and Ethan

Chloe and Ally


I had to put this pic of Jalen...so funny! This is how he went down every time.


Cutie-pie Carter


All the kids singing to Ethan. I don't know why I didn't have him and Rhett sit with all the other kids? Crazy momma.


Thanks to everyone who came, we are so lucky to have so many fun friends!!!
Okay let's end with some Ethanisms and Rhettisms. This may only be funny to me, but I don't want to forget them.
I've had a dry cough for a few days, very annoying. I was reading Ethan a story and coughed. He looked at me and said "That's not a real cough mom." It made me laugh because that's what I tell him when he fake coughs trying to get a cough drop.
Rhett brought home a dinosaur book from the school library. The cover has a big T-rex with blood falling from it's teeth. Inside it is equally bloody. I was reading it, and I said "Wow, this book is really graphic!" Rhett said "I choose this book because it was so graphic. The graphic pictures are amazing". Hee hee don't think he knows what graphic is but everything is "amazing" lately to him.



6 comments:

Candace said...

You're kids say the funniest things! Happy Late Birthday to Ethan!

Herbert Family said...

Thanks again for invting us to the party Caviston had a blast!

Becca said...

I LOVE the things your kids say!!!!! And the picture of Jalen just cracks me up! Funny kids.

Mama Apes... said...

Looks like so much fun and mson was sad that he didn't get to come. They had so much fun this weekend together and thanks again Brooke!

Mama Apes... said...

Looks like so much fun and mson was sad that he didn't get to come. They had so much fun this weekend together and thanks again Brooke!

Ashlee said...

You are such a cool mom!!! That place looks like so much fun for a birthday party!