Sunday, March 23, 2008

{Easter}


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend! We are usually boring around here but this weekend was packed with fun things and places to go for the kids!


Friday night we celebrated Cody's brother Dustin's birthday and went out to Macayo's and then back to their place. They made cheesecake in their pressure cooker, it was really good!!

Saturday morning we went with some of our fun friends from the ward over by Lake Pleasant (about 40 minutes away). We found a shaded area (away from water) with some trails for the kids to hike and a wash with sand to build sand castles with. We bar-b-qed and then hid Easter eggs along the wash for the kids to find. It was so much fun, the kids just loved it! they were hiking all over, having fun throwing things in the fire, and eating lots of Cheetos! Especially Kade! He just stood by the bag saying "More? More?"


The Cox's showed us their fun family tradition of having an egg roll down a steep hill and the kids loved doing that. Even more fun was having an egg fight after and throwing the hard boiled eggs all around. We came home dirty and happy, and hurried and cleaned up for a ward party. It was a luau theme with games for the kids and dinner. We skipped out a bit early and headed over to the annual city Easter Egg hunt.


We met Dustin and April there, and their cute kids and had fun going on the carasol and big bouncers. The kids waited their turn for their age's egg hunting group and then ran all over the baseball field picking up eggs with treats and surprises inside. It was lots of fun :o).


Today I dressed the kids all up in some clothes I bought a year ago online at some big clearance. They all fit so I was happy! Church was so nice, it was a great meeting. I am loving being in primary again, my girls are so cute. Kade got to go into nursery a few weeks early (he'll be 18 months in 2 weeks) and he loves it in there! It's been so nice to be baby free for those last two hours!


This afternoon we went over to Dustin and April's for a yummy dinner. As we were driving over I was telling them that April's sister would be there too, and their little boy Joseph. "I know Joseph!" Ethan yelled excitedly "I do?" I said. "Yes! He's our prophet! I'm so excited to see him!" Cody and I laughed. "Joseph Smith won't be here," I said "it's a little boy who's 2 named Joseph". "Oh, little kids can't be prophets. Maybe when he's bigger." Ethan said. Funny boy.
Well I hope everyone's doing well and had a nice Easter.

XOXO
Brooke

7 comments:

Tiffani said...

What a fun holiday for your little family. I'm so jealous that you can go to a lake and play outside. It rained here all day. :( Glad you had such a great weekend!

Becca said...

What a day for you guys!! I bet the kids slept good that night. We had lots of fun with you guys on the picnic!

Jenna said...

That's so much fun. I'm glad Kade liked nursery so much! I can't believe he's that old already. Holidays are so much fun with kids around!

Jesmyluk said...

You guys really had a jam packed weekend of fun! I am so glad. The pictures are geat! So Cade is in nursery? Well, okay you'll need to call me and get a list of the songs we sing together...LOL

Mama Apes... said...

So fun to see all your cute easter activites! It was so fun to be apart of it with you guys! Thanks again for coming over for dinner we loved it!

Shel said...

Fun weekend for you! I was jealous of all the other fun things you did...we need to meet all your friends! :) Sure was fun having dinner with you and the rest of the gang Friday night!! LOVE all thise pictures Brooke...soo cute! And the boys are ADORABLE in their Easter outfits and vests!! :)

Veeda said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your boys are super funny.