Monday, June 29, 2009

{Sedona}


Last weekend we went to the annual summer retreat that Cody's work puts on each summer. We were excited to get out of the 100 degree weather and spend some time together :o). Kade kept saying "We are going to Sedo-nuts!"

We stayed at a beautiful resort and the boys loved swimming in the pools. We spend most of the weekend in our swimsuits and had such a great time. They loved having their Daddy around to thrown them into the pool, race them, and do all the fun things that Cody is so great to do with them.
After we swam they wanted to go back to the room and warm themselves by the fire....true Arizona boys with thin blood!!

We went to Oak Creek Canyon (forgot my camera) and the boys had fun jumping off rocks into the water. They also caught some crawdads, minnows, and a lizard.


They provided childcare for some of the events for spouses only and it was fun to enjoy some nice dinners and events without worrying about cutting up meat for kids and all that fun stuff...

I try not to brag too much but sorry here I go....I am so proud of Cody and how hard he works to provide for our family so I am able to stay home with my boys. He works long, long hours and still comes home ready to help me put the kids into bed. His profession is a really difficult one to start out in, 2/3rds of new financial advisers with Edward Jones don't make it through their first year. He has not only made it, but is in the very top % (compared with people who have been out the same amount of time he has been) and that is due to his hard work and honest approach with his clients.....I could not do what he does every day, that is for sure!!



Our last day in Sedona we started with a yummy breakfast, then loaded up and headed off for a hike.




It was a little more ambitious of a trail then we anticipated, we were wishing we had brought the backpack for Kade to go in, and more water....poor Cody ended up carrying Kade like this for most of the way.



We made it all the way back and were very happy to get back to our car and crank up the AC. It was a fun few days, now it's time to get back to reality :o)

16 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I would love to take the family to Sedona for the weekend. It is so beautiful. I love going with Quinn to his work confrences. Only we never take the kids. It is fun to get away and go shopping with the other wives. Then the couples always get together and go to dinner. Lots of fun.

The Bluths said...

So fun! We loved the area when we went last year for a day. Cool that you could enjoy it AND be at a resort!

Ashlee said...

That's so fun you get to do that every year!! Your boys are look like they had so much fun!! Sedona is so pretty, I've only ever driven through there once, wish we could have stopped!!!

larainydays said...

What a fun trip. I have never stayed in Sedona. I hope you absorbed all the good karma there in the vortex! Congrats to Cody on his hard work and good year. We think he's wonderful.

Jennie said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! Sedona is so beautiful. I would definately love to spend more time there. Did the boys make it home with their lizards?? they would make a great pet!

Tiffani said...

Geez...I want to go to Sedona. What a fun place! And you have every right to brag about your husband. That is so great that he is doing so well. Good for him!

Shelby said...

I love Sedo-nuts, I'm so glad you guys had such a good time.
You looked beautiful for the dinner with Cody and I say brag away, Cody has worked so hard this year and done a great job juggling it all!

Shannon said...

What a great escaspe.....You both deserve that! Im glad you guys got away for so fun times. I was wondering the same thing about the lizard too??? Did it survive a road trip home...hehe

xoxo

Locamoniqua said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend together! It's fun to see all your pictures. Way to go Cody, we're proud of you too!

wackywilsons said...

I was looking for this post...I knew that it would be so much fun! I totally want to go and see it:)

Your Hawaii pics are gorgeous! I guess I didnt' realize that you had gone out there...all of that lush vegetation and those sunsets really take you there...

You sure are having some adventurous summer days! Call me when you slow down so we can play too:)

Karla said...

How fun! Sedona is so great and wonderful especially since it is only 1hr away. Looks like a great time.

Brooke thanks for you nice comment on my blog we really appreciate you thinking of us. We still live in Peoria in your parent's ward. It has been such a great ward. Actually your sister was helping in nursery the other day. I got to visit with her for a little bit. She is so cute!

R A C H A E L said...

Whew! I just got caught up on your blog. Sedona, Hawaii, Baseball... Do you have time to breathe? WOW!

I miss you guys!

Tanner Fam said...

We love Oak Creek Canyon. I think because it is secluded enough that we really do get quality family time. You guys look great...as usual. :)

wittygal said...

Lucky Girl! For so many reasons. I am glad you had a great time, I love Sedona.

Mama Apes... said...

It looked so pretty up there! How fun for you guys and sure the kids had a blast being in the outdoors!
You looked great all dressed up with cody!

Brooke said...

Thanks guys :o)

For all of you wondering about the Lizard....I talked Ethan into releasing it before we left the swimming hole since we were going hiking on our last day and couldn't leave him waiting in the hot car!!