Wednesday, July 2, 2008

{Catch Up}

Well I have fallen behind on my blogging! So now I am playing catch up with this post - it has a lot of random pics all together :o).

Last week I was so excited because my friend Candace rolled into town!! She moved to Utah about a year ago so her hubby could get his MBA at BYU. Here's a few fun facts about Candace:

*She believes that all the world's problems can be solved by a trip to Costco. She is the expert, she'll tell you what's new there, what's going to be discontinued, what aisle it's on, etc! I love it! She even came bearing gifts from Costco, those fabulous chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel's.

*She was called to be the Relief Society President of our ward when she was 25, pregnant, and her house was for sale. She is amazing!!

*When you make her dinner she'll call you that same night raving about how good it was.

*She is the best person to call when something happens, be it good or bad. She always says the right thing with lots of enthusiasm!! She also is the best person to shop with because she will tell you what looks good and what does not (right Becca??).

On Friday I picked her up in Chandler at her hotel and we took the kids swimming. Then we came back and just hung out at my house for awhile. On Saturday we went swimming with a bunch of friends from the ward. My boys LOVE swimming and are becoming little fishies! They loved jumping off the waterfall.




Friday night we decided last minute to go for a late desert at Red Robin. It was fun to chat, things were right back to where they were a year ago!


In other news, Rhett has lost another tooth. That makes two on the bottom and one on top. The other top one is loose, that will make eating tricky! He had a cute lisp but it only lasted a day. We had fun making him say lost of words with S's and C's.



Poor Ethan is desperate to loose a tooth. He tried to trick us with a little piece of toilet paper rolled up.



Kade is growing up fast! He is determined to do anything and everything that his big brothers do! He is talking lots, favorite words remain "No!" and "Mama!". He also LOVES brushing his teeth and climbs up on the bathroom counter to get to his toothbrush. Sorry about the dirty mirror, that's what happens with a little monkey like Kade!


To end things, this is a picture from a month or two ago that my sister e-mailed me. We are at my cousin Cody's wedding. In the pic is Ashley, my Grandpa Flake, me, Grandma Flake, and Brittany. Isn't my Grandma the most beautiful Grandma ever??

Well that's the latest here! Hope everyone is doing great!!

XOXO

Brooke

10 comments:

The Bluths said...

Fun times. Ethan cracks me up. And that picture of Kade up on the counter is so cute!

Tiffani said...

Seriously...your little Ethan is one funny boy. I love how clever he is. And Happy Anniversary! I didn't remember that you guys lived in the same place as Cody and Linds. How fun is that?! Doesn't that seem like another life ago? I mean, it was only eight years ago but sooooo much has changed. Great changes though. Look at the cute little family you guys have. Love ya!

Tanner Fam said...

Love the update, and yes your grandma is beautiful. It runs in the family. :)

Linda Flake said...

Ethan is so funny! if ya want to check out the Amazing american idol tour pics I put some up on our blog!

Candace said...

Brooke, you are WAY too nice to me! Thanks for the good times.

wackywilsons said...

Everyone needs to have a friend like your Candace girl, she sounds great.

Toothless smiles are the best too!

Happy Anniversary! And how is the new job at Edward Jones going?

Herbert Family said...

Your boys are so adorable!

Hutchinson said...

Oh Brook, we miss you guys so much! Happy Ann. Can you really believe it was 8 years ago. By the way horrible picture, but brought back lots of memories. You were such a beautiful bride. Wow, can you believe all that has happened in 8 years. We really need to get together!!! We love you guys!

bematheson said...

I love that Ethan tried to use toilet paper for a tooth. thats great.

Jenna said...

It was so good to see the Fieldings! And the pics of the kids are hilarious!